Question about AMK Heatsheets Blankets

Posted by: BrianB

Question about AMK Heatsheets Blankets - 04/27/09 05:59 AM

I was wondering of the AMK Heatsheets blankets have grommets? The illustration on the packaging shows them, but I can't find grommets listed as a feature anywhere on the packaging or on anywhere online.
Posted by: scafool

Re: Question about AMK Heatsheets Blankets - 04/27/09 10:48 AM

Hi Brian. I can not answer your question, but there is a review thread on them from about 2 years ago and Redflare seems to sell them. I would think he should be able to tell you if they have grommets.
Here is a link to his profile.
http://forums.equipped.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=1378

Doug's 2006 review of them does not mention grommets either.
http://www.equipped.org/shot_show_2006_gear.htm

I hope you get a better answer soon.

Posted by: airballrad

Re: Question about AMK Heatsheets Blankets - 04/27/09 01:19 PM

I have several of both the regular size (one-person) and large size (1-2 people) and they do not have grommets. I don't recall the packaging showing grommets, nor do I see that now looking at pictures on their site. I do have a larger, thicker blanket that is heat-reflective and has grommets, but it takes up about 6-7 times the space to store (and it is not made by AMK). So no grommets, but folds small enough that I have them tucked into many pockets/bags where they will be handy.

If the lack of grommets are a deal-breaker for you, remember the trick of tucking a small pebble in a corner, and tying string around that for your stakeout line.
Posted by: BrianB

Re: Question about AMK Heatsheets Blankets - 04/27/09 01:53 PM

Thanks for the responses.

Nah, grommets aren't a deal breaker, I was just curious. The art on the back of the 2 person blanket packaging shows what look like grommet holes along the edge, so I was wondering if that was just the artist drawing a generic "tarp" instead of the actual product (or maybe recycled art) or if the things had grommets.

Pebbles work fine. =)