Water Containers For A Vest

Posted by: Anonymous

Water Containers For A Vest - 09/02/02 04:16 AM

I've been searching for water containers for my survival vest. I have located several rectangular nalgene bottles that fit quite nicely, but all of them give the water a plastic taste. <br><br>Are there any bottles available that do not have this drawback? I have several Lexan bottles, but haven't found any that will fit in a vest.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>John Goodman

Re: Water Containers For A Vest - 09/02/02 05:04 AM

How about fitting a hydration bladder to the back of the vest? This would preclude an aviation scenario, of course.

Re: Water Containers For A Vest - 09/02/02 01:48 PM

Platypus makes nice containers in several sizes, including some that are quite small - you will find the really small ones in travel supply catalogs.<br><br>These are pricy, but sturdy, and they do not give a tste to the water.

Re: Water Containers For A Vest - 09/02/02 02:19 PM

"This would preclude an aviation scenario, of course. "<br><br>I am curious, Why?

Re: Water Containers For A Vest - 09/02/02 03:42 PM

Because you wear the bladders on your back and if in a aviation chair/harness it would be very uncomfortable!<br><br>Hope that helps

Re: Water Containers For A Vest - 09/02/02 05:25 PM

Correct. I suppose you could hang one off a thigh harness and transfer it to your back once you're out of the cockpit.