PLB Rescue Contact Phone #

Posted by: Packman

PLB Rescue Contact Phone # - 01/09/09 06:55 PM

Hey everybody,

I got myself a 406 PLB from ACR (The AeroFix) for Christmas, and I'm hoping someone here can answer a question for me.

If the beacon should activate, then the SAR effort will call me first, and if I'm unreachable, they'll contact my emergency contacts. My question is this: Does anyone know what phone number their call to me will come from? I want to have this in my cell-phone so that if I see "SAR" pop up on caller ID, I know it's a priority to answer it immediately. I do NOT want SAR efforts launched because I was in a meeting and didn't answer a phone number I didn't recognize.

Thanks a bunch.

Packman.
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: PLB Rescue Contact Phone # - 01/09/09 07:05 PM

I think that you should just ask them that question...

ACR Electronics, Inc.
5757 Ravenswood Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
(954) 981-3333

http://www.acrelectronics.com/
Posted by: wildman800

Re: PLB Rescue Contact Phone # - 01/09/09 07:19 PM

The 406MHz signal goes first to the USMCC (United States ???? Command Center (301) 817-4576.

The position data is then passed to the USCG District Command Center, in whose Area of Responsibility, the Lat/Long of the signal originated.

The call to you would most likely come from the USCG District Command Center.

I do have the CCGDEIGHT (cc) phone number: (504) 589-6225

In English, the above means: Commander Coast Guard District Eight (command center).

You will need the numbers for the:
CCGDELEVEN and CCGDFOURTEEN (cc)'s if your on the west coast.

CCGDONE, CCGDFIVE, AND CCGDSEVEN (CC)'s if on the Atlantic Coast

CCGDEIGHT (cc)'s if in the Gulf of Mexico and/or Western Rivers

CCGDNINE (cc) if in the Great Lakes

I also recommend that you have the phone numbers for those USCG Sector Commands of the areas that you play in.
Posted by: Doug_Ritter

Re: PLB Rescue Contact Phone # - 01/09/09 07:31 PM

Actually, I have no idea, but I have asked someone at NOAA, AFRCC and USCG who will know/find out. Whether I get an answer today, I don't know, might not be until next week. The issue is that these phones are all government and don't know if their numbers come though on Caller ID as you might normally expect.
Posted by: Packman

Re: PLB Rescue Contact Phone # - 01/09/09 08:45 PM

"The issue is that these phones are all government and don't know if their numbers come though on Caller ID as you might normally expect."

Much obliged, Mr. Ritter. That is one thing I thought of, but hopefully I'll be able to track something down.

Wildman, Thanks a bunch. I think I'll give a call over to my District office and see what I can find out.

Packman.