Nice little commentary

Posted by: ironraven

Nice little commentary - 01/08/09 01:26 AM

I'm an NPR listener, even if I do limit my news intake to what I get when I go to and from work. (Saturday morning and mid-day on the other hand...) This morning there was a commentary on Vt public radio that was worth sitting in the car for.

http://www.vpr.net/episode/45162/

"From this winter's heavy storms we can salvage something positive by acknowledging the lessons they have offered on how to handle similar events in the future."

Me and possibly Matt are probably the only ones who would have been in possition to hear it, so I figured I'd share.
Posted by: scafool

Re: Nice little commentary - 01/08/09 01:47 AM

The second page by Mike Martin was the better one I think.
I am surprised any radio station is allowed to tell Americans to quit being panicked about everything, or that fear and hatred are poisonous.
Posted by: ironraven

Re: Nice little commentary - 01/08/09 02:11 AM

Yep, fear was this evening's commentary. I liked that one as well, but this mornings was better to me, particularly the poke at people who are grabbing gear after the fact.

Funny. I didn't notice that there was a bond between them. Cooool. I'm going to assume that that was intentional. *laughs* And I think Master Yoda and Chris would get along, now that I think about it.