tick key...

Posted by: yeti

tick key... - 11/29/08 10:53 PM

Anyone ever use the tick key?
http://thetickkey.com/
Posted by: Tjin

Re: tick key... - 11/30/08 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
Seems a bit pointless. Tweezers do the job just fine.

When using normal tweezers you have risk of squezing the tick it self, causing the contains on the tick to go in to you. Which defeats the purpose of removing tick. We remove tick to preven infetions, not because it's just there.

I use a similiar device to remove ticks. Nothing really specials, but it's small and simple to use.
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: tick key... - 11/30/08 02:00 PM

It looks to me as if it would be handy. If it is on your keyring and you discover a tick, it is ready for use, unlike most other tick removal gizmos, which are no telling where...
Posted by: yeti

Re: tick key... - 11/30/08 02:31 PM

Forceps often do a poor job at tick removal as they can either reverse the flow of fluids in the live tick just before removal, or can result in a partial removal of head/mouthparts due to the forceps damaging the head.
Posted by: philip

Re: tick key... - 12/02/08 02:25 AM

I was raised on a farm, and we always just pulled them off with our fingers. I know this causes a fit with almost everyone, but nobody I knew had any better idea - unless you call holding a lighted cigarette close to the tick so it unfastens itself a better idea.
Posted by: Dan_McI

Re: tick key... - 12/02/08 02:44 AM

I've used something like a cross between scissors and pliers to remove ticks, mostly from a dog, but I have also found the job to be much easier when I covered the tick with oil, like olive oil, before trying to remove it. Apparently, the oil suffocates the tick and makes it want to pull out to take a breath.