Guyot Stainless Container + H2JO! Coffee strainer

Posted by: Anonymous

Guyot Stainless Container + H2JO! Coffee strainer - 11/13/08 07:52 AM

I have a Guyot Stainless Standard Container + H2JO! Coffee strainer, but the strainer does not fit on evenly and it leaks. Does anyone else have this problem?
The beginning of the thread on the filter is thicker than the rest, and since it doesn't clear the thread on the Guyot it sits lop-sided. Is my filter defective or do they all have that thicker beginning of the thread?
Posted by: comms

Re: Guyot Stainless Container + H2JO! Coffee strainer - 11/13/08 04:13 PM

I like Guyot products. I own two Fireflys and have given at least that may away as gifts. I like the squishy bowls but dont have one.

Just on the coffee issue. I bought a travel coffee mug at REI that has a French Press built into the lid. Its the one French Press that I have seen that you can actually drink out of. It my go to mug for all trips. I have never had an issue with the grind coming out of the strainer.
Posted by: Russ

Re: Guyot Stainless Container + H2JO! Coffee strainer - 11/13/08 09:37 PM

No input on the H2JO Strainer other than I don't understand why you would want to screw the strainer onto the cup/bottle.

For coffee I use an MSR MugMate Coffee/Tea Filter. It doesn't screw on, you just make the coffee to whatever strength you desire and then toss the grounds and put the filter away.