New EDC carry item

Posted by: Hookpunch

New EDC carry item - 08/30/08 12:02 AM

I came across these and realized they were a good idea, it was getting harder to read the dosage on the children's medicine and my wife was having a hard time reading menus, so I bought these and put one in my wallet.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p=54190&cat=1,43456,43351
Posted by: BobS

Re: New EDC carry item - 08/30/08 12:08 AM

I have one of these someplace, I should dig it out and see how well it starts a fire.

I have one the size of a piece of notebook paper and it starts a fire in a few seconds. I also have the ultimate solar fire starter (it will make blacktop bubble) it’s the front lens out of a 46-inch projection TV. It’s a good idea to have welding goggles when you play with it.
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: New EDC carry item - 08/30/08 01:02 AM

Just to make it easier for everyone,

Linc
Posted by: Todd W

Re: New EDC carry item - 08/30/08 01:20 AM

I have one in my wallet, after a year it's pretty useless. Can not even see through it.

If you can get a case get one.

Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
Just to make it easier for everyone,

Linc

Just what I was looken for :)Scrolled down, bam, live link!
Posted by: Yuccahead

Re: New EDC carry item - 08/30/08 01:36 AM

Walgreen's and other places often carry those with a thin vinyl case for about a buck or two.
Posted by: AROTC

Re: New EDC carry item - 08/31/08 12:06 AM

I put together a little survival kit for everyone in my family one year for Christmas. I'm not sure what happened to everything else, but my dad still carries one of those lenses in his wallet to read fine print when he leaves his glasses in the car.