Outdoor Retailer Summer 2008 #5

Posted by: Doug_Ritter

Outdoor Retailer Summer 2008 #5 - 08/21/08 03:32 AM

My Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008 report continues...

A first look at the new line-up of Leatherman folders and the Instaflator, another one of those why-didn't-I-think-of-that products that makes blowing up inflatables (air mattress, toys, etc.) simple.

www.equipped.org/blog/?p=91

Enjoy!
Posted by: benjammin

Re: Outdoor Retailer Summer 2008 #5 - 08/21/08 11:33 AM

Holy Moses! That inflator tube idea IS a forehead slapper. To think of all the times I've sat and huffed and puffed into an air mattress, or pool toy, I am lucky I never got an aneurism from the spike in my blood pressure.

Thanks Doug
Posted by: LumpyJaw

Re: Outdoor Retailer Summer 2008 #5 - 08/21/08 12:01 PM

I've actually done that as a science experiment with bags from a "diaper genie". It is very easy to blow up a 10' long bag with one breath, but obviously never thought about using it in this way. -Awesome idea!
Posted by: Grouch

Re: Outdoor Retailer Summer 2008 #5 - 08/21/08 12:51 PM

Instaflator - so simple and effective. It fills a need without the over-engineering that has gone on for decades! Maybe they will come out with a smaller version to eliminate the huffing and puffing associated with starting fires.
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Outdoor Retailer Summer 2008 #5 - 08/21/08 01:01 PM

"...the Instaflator..."

Neato thingy, but look what he was doin' to that poor gator!

Thanks for these reports, keep them coming!!!
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Outdoor Retailer Summer 2008 #5 - 08/21/08 01:03 PM

"...the huffing and puffing associated with starting fires..."

Try a straw, or piece of small tubing You can direct all of the air right where you want it, much easier than just huffin' and puffin'...
Posted by: Russ

Re: Outdoor Retailer Summer 2008 #5 - 08/21/08 01:17 PM

Is it just me or is anyone else having problems with the Crater and Expanse pdf files?
Quote:
Is it possible that the page you requested was not Equipped To Survive™ and has therefor perished, was removed or had its name changed? It may also just be temporarily unavailable.

Re: Outdoor Retailer Summer 2008 #5 - 08/21/08 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
Try a straw, or piece of small tubing You can direct all of the air right where you want it, much easier than just huffin' and puffin'...

Thanks, OBG. I pack stuff like tubing without knowing how many uses it might eventually yield.

Re: Outdoor Retailer Summer 2008 #5 - 08/21/08 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Russ
Is it just me or is anyone else having problems with the Crater and Expanse pdf files?
Quote:
Is it possible that the page you requested was not Equipped To Survive™ and has therefor perished, was removed or had its name changed? It may also just be temporarily unavailable.

Sorry, fixed now.

Re: Outdoor Retailer Summer 2008 #5 - 08/21/08 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Russ

The Crater PDF link worked for me but not the Expanse.

Re: Outdoor Retailer Summer 2008 #5 - 08/21/08 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Grouch

<sigh> Try now, sorry.

Re: Outdoor Retailer Summer 2008 #5 - 08/21/08 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug_Ritter
Originally Posted By: Grouch

<sigh> Try now, sorry.

No apology necessary, Doug. Both links work now. Thanks!
Posted by: jshannon

Re: Outdoor Retailer Summer 2008 #5 - 08/21/08 03:59 PM

Alpacka rafts uses a silnylon bag to blow up their boats. The old Sevylor Trail boat also did something similar. Check out the alpacka bag and youtube video (link at bottom of url).

https://www.alpackaraft.com/store/index.cfm?ProductID=74&do=detail