Camelbak Transformer

Posted by: Anonymous

Camelbak Transformer - 07/19/02 12:52 PM

Has anybody any experience with this new Camelbak http://www.camelbak.com/mil/cb_prod.cfm?Product_ID=154&CATID=6 ? I am interested in a modular approach because while most of my hiking is one day, I like the option of simply adding more bags if necessary. Opinions? Does anybody know where I can get one at a good price?<br>Thanks<br><br>Cato<br><br>
Posted by: Tjin

Re: Camelbak Transformer - 07/19/02 01:08 PM

i think you can buy it from the distributor www.eagleindustries.com for a reasoble price... ( $ 140 )<br><br>

Re: Camelbak Transformer - 07/19/02 03:11 PM

Try www.lightfighter.com

Re: Camelbak Transformer - 07/31/02 11:50 PM

I haven't used the Transformer but I have used the H.A.W.G. quite extensively and have been thouroughly impressed by the design and forthought put into this bag.<br><br>http://www.camelbak.com/mil/cb_prod.cfm?Product_ID=152&CATID=6<br><br>I have and use both the civillian and military models and would say that I prefer the military models even if they are more expensive. The extra tie downs hold ALICE compatible gear quite well.

Re: Camelbak Transformer - 08/07/02 04:32 PM

talking about hydration packs, has any one here experience with repairing small holes in the pack itself. Is it worth it? also any ideas on how to clean the tube?<br>thanx Ryan
Posted by: Polak187

Re: Camelbak Transformer - 08/07/02 04:46 PM

Remove all the parts from the tube. Flush the tube with 50/50 Clorax and Water mixture. To clean the tube from any particles get a wire hanger and straighten it out. Than fit tight several pieces of paper towel into the tube and push them thru with wire hanger. Rainse with water couple of times. Repeat if needed. Your tube will be as good as new.<br><br>As far as holes in the blader go. When I punctured a bladder, I used my bike tube repair kit to fix it. It did a fine job and my worst fear of water tasting like glue didn't happen. Instead of one patch I used two: bigger over smaller one.<br><br>Matt <br><br>

Re: Camelbak Transformer - 08/08/02 08:47 PM

the bike tube repair kit is proberbly fine, but i personally dont really trust it, because the glue is toxic ( atleast that printed all over the tube ). so i prefere to use platypus repair patch ( Platy Patch)to repair it, they work fine on platypus resevoirs and similair ones. i havent punctured my camelbak yet, so i have no idea weather it works on camelbak's or not.. but you could try...

Re: Camelbak Transformer - 08/08/02 09:04 PM

I have never seen such kits, where can u get them?

Re: Camelbak Transformer - 08/09/02 01:36 PM

the repair patches from platypus are availibe at most platypus retailers.if you cant find a retailer buy it online http://www.cascadedesigns.com/platypus/accessories.asp

Re: Camelbak Transformer - 08/11/02 04:45 PM

Been to the site, and planning to buy a couple of things from them. As I haven't seen any of these products in any shop/cateloque so is the price right? And anything I shoundn't buy from them?<br>thanx Ryan

Re: Camelbak Transformer - 08/11/02 05:19 PM

the price is right.. i usually buy these thing for even a higher pirice at local retailers. <br>Platypus is a reasoable brand and the most things the make are ok.. personally i prefere camelbaks, there bite valve is easyer to use and clean ... but that my personal opinion.<br>and a tip if you buy the "hoser" resevoirs, only fill it with water, if you put something else in it will leave some residu after awile, withs is almost inposible to clean( no clean brush can get in it).

Re: Camelbak Transformer - 08/11/02 06:24 PM

I've seen the camel back and I prefer it to the platypus but 2years I bought it (it was still something new then) so I dont really wanna spend money on a new one. <br>Thanx<br>Ryan

dillema, what do I do with my platipus - 08/13/02 07:22 PM

I inspected my platytpus 2day and apart from a tiny hole which can be repaired by putting a patch on it I also saw white cracks in the plastic. Should I be worried? And I saw the first layer of plastic is coming lose at parts, is this worrying too? Is it time to buy a new one? And if it is time to move on what should I buy? I know camelback is good but which model? If i have to, I dont mind investing money but I dont want to end up with something wrong. HELP<br>thanx reinhardt

Re: dillema, what do I do with my platipus - 08/13/02 08:48 PM

i got those white cracks in mine 2, i havent had any trouble with it ( yet ) though. i can't tell you weather its gonna fail or not...<br>if you buy a camelbak i would go for the newer versions with "omega" resevoirs, they have bigger filling cap so you can clean and dry easier and the filling handel is a nice feature 2.... what model depens on your use of it...<br>

Re: dillema, what do I do with my platipus - 08/13/02 09:52 PM

Have you noticed anything about the first thin layer coming lose? Thats whats worrying me.<br>reinhardt