'Man vs. Wild' helps boys survive fall into frozen

Posted by: Virginia_Mark

'Man vs. Wild' helps boys survive fall into frozen - 01/22/08 07:41 PM

Glad this nut job was of some use to someone grin.

Honestly though, I can tolerate him more now that the show is using disclaimers, that some things are staged, and even editing the narration to inclued staged scenes. A little honesty goes a long way.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=6038818&ch=4226713&src=news
Posted by: falcon5000

Re: 'Man vs. Wild' helps boys survive fall into fr - 01/22/08 11:50 PM

Well that makes 2 saves for Bear despite his fake show. I think weather it is Les or Bears show, brings tips that may or may not be good but the end result are lives saved. And I think the premise of the show anyway is to give advice on situations involving survival.
1- the kid in the ice pond
2- hunter lost for days and used leaves for insulation
Posted by: Rio

Re: 'Man vs. Wild' helps boys survive fall into fr - 01/23/08 02:44 AM

His show may be fake, but it is entertaining enough to get the general public to watch it. Because of Bear, people are surviving who might not have without having seen his show. That counts as a win in my book.
Posted by: lukus

Re: 'Man vs. Wild' helps boys survive fall into fr - 01/23/08 03:47 AM

I didn't read the article, but I want to believe that they were recreating a Bear scene when they went in.

....Boy running in a crouching shuffle across frozen pond, hands slightly out for balance. British accent. "I've got to be careful, *pant* I can almost hear the ice crack."

Second boy, running beside first boy, hands in a circle to his right eye mimicking movie camera. Surprised accent. "Hey, I can almost hear it cracking too!"

Both boys stop to listen......
Posted by: Dan_McI

Re: 'Man vs. Wild' helps boys survive fall into fr - 01/23/08 01:53 PM

Well, your imagination does not coincide with their story. They said they heard nothing before the ice broke.
Posted by: Virginia_Mark

Re: 'Man vs. Wild' helps boys survive fall into fr - 01/24/08 01:31 PM

No doubt. But thank you lukas for your uninformed opinion.

(step away from the crack pipe)