My New Folder

Posted by: Erik_B

My New Folder - 12/24/07 10:51 AM

Leatherman C300

Early christmas present from mother.
I absolutely LOVE this knife. <3
opens with a flick of the wrist and fits my hand like a glove. And it's super-sharp! grin
Posted by: Paul810

Re: My New Folder - 12/24/07 11:20 AM

I've got two c301's, a c304, and an e307x. I actually like the e307x least of all, the bits stored in the handle make for a horrible grip. They dig into your hand. The c301/c304 on the other hand are both quite comfortable to use. All in all they're pretty nice knives.
Posted by: Kris

Re: My New Folder - 12/24/07 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul810
I've got two c301's, a c304, and an e307x. I actually like the e307x least of all, the bits stored in the handle make for a horrible grip. They dig into your hand. The c301/c304 on the other hand are both quite comfortable to use. All in all they're pretty nice knives.

I agree with your comments about the e307x. I have one and after 5 mins I wish I didn't order it. Bits in the handle make the unit too wide to pocket carry it let alone a confortable grip. If you use the bits often, they start to slide out and don't stay in the handle (use a piece of paper to keep them in there). The only 'cool' think on the knife was the caribeaner... opened beer bottles with ease!

Its now in my wife's kit in her office. That seems where all my it-looks-like-it'll-do-the-job-but-after-you-get-it-its-worthless items.
Posted by: climberslacker

Re: My New Folder - 12/24/07 02:04 PM

my little brother has one, i dont know wich, but my favorite feature on it is the blade launcher. I dont particularly like the thumb stud on his so i use the blade launcher.
Posted by: raydarkhorse

Re: My New Folder - 12/24/07 04:21 PM

I have a c305 and I'm not to thrilled with it. The blade launcher gets the blade only about 3/4 of the way open, and being used to liner locks I have cut my hand while closng it several times.
Posted by: Erik_B

Re: My New Folder - 12/25/07 11:22 AM

if you flick your wrist, the blade launcher should work every time.