Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#180532 - 08/26/09 06:47 PM County Comm bag
Still_Alive Offline
Finally, I am a

Loc: Utah
Hey all,

Just wanted to give some kudos to Count Comm. I purchased a Gen 5 BOB about a year ago based on recommendations from all the experienced folks here, and it turned out to be a fantastic bag. MUCH better made than the knockoffs: better zippers, real Velcro, etc. But most of you already know that there stuff is good.

After about a year, the "hidden" pocket developed a hole, apparently from the stitching in the seam coming undone. I emailed them, they said send it back, and I sent it back, fully expecting to have the same bag sent back after being restitched.

About 5 days after sending my bag, to my surprise I got a brand new Bail Out Bag from them. To say that I was impressed with the service is an understatement. Just wanted you all to know that there are still companies out there that know what customer service means. Obviously, I'm a customer for life.

I tried to add pictures but I can't figure it out. If anyone can comment on the post and enlighten me on how to do it, I'd greatly appreciate it and I'll add the photos.

Usual disclaimer, no affiliation with County Comm other that being a happy customer.

#180545 - 08/26/09 09:40 PM Re: County Comm bag [Re: ]
celler Offline
Addict

Loc: Jupiter, FL
I have always had good customer service experiences with County Comm. I have no problem recommending their products and service to anyone.

Craig.

#180549 - 08/26/09 11:11 PM Re: County Comm bag [Re: celler]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
Wow! You got it back in 5 days? I'm suprised it wasn't their usual true-to-name "snail mail" delivery system.

Much as I like their gear, I shudder when I order due to their crazy high shipping prices and ridiculously long delivery times. Even though I know that it's the delivery company sticking it to me, not really them.

#180637 - 08/28/09 12:19 AM Re: County Comm bag [Re: MDinana]
Be_Prepared Offline
Addict

Loc: Massachusetts
The Gen 5 BOB is pretty well built... imagine this true to life test scenario... you have a 16 year old... he throws his golf bag in the back of dad's vehicle, and fails to actually fully close the hatch, it looks closed, but, isn't latched. Then imagine said teenager, now driving on his learners permit, to not notice the big red idiot light on dash indicating the hatch is open... Note that said 16 year old has a heavy foot on the gas pedal.

Now imagine dad's BOB rolling out the back of the truck, and the shoulder strap catching on the trailer hitch...

Fortunately, the idiot buzzer started buzzing in addition to the idiot light, so we only dragged my BOB from the trailer hitch for about 100 yards before he stopped. It's roughed up, but didn't loose any contents. I did have a water bottle break on the side pouch, and splash water about, but, not bad considering.

Figures that my BOB gets the abuse, and his golf clubs didn't move...

- Ron

#180638 - 08/28/09 12:40 AM Re: County Comm bag [Re: Be_Prepared]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
Not that I have one, but no 16 year old of mine is getting his own golf clubs!

Glad the bag stood up well. Mine is sitting pretty in my garage, waiting for me to toss it in my new truck, and THAT's waiting for something to secure the truck bed.

#180643 - 08/28/09 02:00 AM Re: County Comm bag [Re: MDinana]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Originally Posted By: MDinana

Ditto. He'll have a skeet gun. grin

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#180645 - 08/28/09 02:23 AM Re: County Comm bag [Re: ironraven]
Todd W Offline
Product Tester
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mountains of CA
Originally Posted By: ironraven
Originally Posted By: MDinana

Ditto. He'll have a skeet gun. grin

Haha good choice

#180708 - 08/28/09 07:22 PM Re: County Comm bag [Re: Todd W]
Be_Prepared Offline
Addict

Loc: Massachusetts
I must confess, they are my old clubs.... letting him learn to play with my clubs... it was, ah, the excuse to get new ones for me...

- Ron

#180795 - 08/29/09 09:44 PM Re: County Comm bag [Re: Be_Prepared]
JohnE Offline
Addict

Loc: Southern Cal
I'm surprised to hear about folks having issues with County Comm.

I've ordered from them on 3 or 4 separate occasions and got my stuff quickly with reasonable shipping fees. One caveat, I live in the same state that they're located in.

Are long shipping times and high fees a widespread problem?

One trick I use is to open my shopping cart and recheck the shipping fees as I add items, you'll find that you can toss in quite a few of their smaller items without increasing the shipping fees too much. Like their great little LED flashlights for a buck apiece. I order them 10 at a time to make it more economical to ship them.

"and all the lousy little poets
comin round
tryin' to sound like Charlie Manson"

The Future/Leonard Cohen

#180802 - 08/29/09 11:11 PM Re: County Comm bag [Re: JohnE]
Lono Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Pacific NW, USA
Two big thumbs up for County Comm - I recently bought their XL bail out bag and used it for a trip to Brazil. The bag is capacious, I was able to load it up with everything and more, including laptop and documents, to the point that my bail out bag weight more than my carryon on suitcase. It was comfortable and easy to carry, the shoulder strap stays on the shoulder and doesn't slip off. Next up is to use it as my go-to bag while on deployment with Red Cross in September, and on DAT rotations.

I think of County Comm like a an old store I remember in the 70s, you could walk in and see all sorts of great stuff, you couldn't walk out without buying one or two to try things out. Those places are few and far between these days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  KG2V, NightHiker 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 326 Guests and 49 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Herman30
55 minutes 48 seconds ago
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.