The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#298732 - 03/31/21 02:30 PM Physics Lesson
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
I was making supper last night when I heard several "THWACK!" sounds upstairs. Being home alone, this was cause for concern...but even more so was the loud crunching sound that followed. Looked upstairs...nothing. Looked in the backyard...nothing. Looked out the front window...nothing. Went back to cooking.

Then a police car comes screaming past my house, siren blaring. Being the nosey neighbor go out and look to see two cops, guns drawn, in a standoff with a four people. The house across the street has a car through its dining room wall and another car through its fence. In the middle of the street is a sedan filled with bullet holes.

The news reported it as street racing but the police found over 1/2 pound of pure, high quality meth in the sedan.
https://www.khou.com/video/news/local/vi...GqTQbviinAYJduA

When I walked out and saw the police in the stand off my first thought was to grab my hunting rifle and offer backup...but then decided standing there with a firearm as other cops arrive would be a bad idea. Thankfully, the bad guys (two men, two women) all surrendered to the two cops though they had to chase one lady through several yards. No one was hurt...but the lady in the sedan with the meth also had a 4-5 year old boy in the car who was taken away by Child Protective Services. frown

The cars were racing at high speed down one street, shooting at each other. The road they were on ended at my street and the cars were traveling too fast to make the turn. The Geo Tracker went airborne and ended up in the dining room. The HHR was too heavy to fly but it torn off its wheels and lots of stuff from underneath it when it hit the curb.

Once the car was pulled from the dining room the police let us come over and seal up the hole. My neighborhood is awesome and a bunch of people donated plastic sheeting, ladders, and Flex-Tape (awesome stuff!) to cover the hole. The family spent the night with their next door neighbor. Everything finished up around 10:30pm. Wild times.
-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#298733 - 03/31/21 04:04 PM Re: Physics Lesson [Re: Blast]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
A few years ago I was privileged to take a class from Randy Clifton, retired from Federal law enforcement and a pioneer in force-on-force training. He spent a lot of class time training us to avoid what I call "blue on green" events (well-intentioned police officers shooting well-intentioned concealed carriers).

In my opinion, there's no one-size-fits-all rule here. With that said, generally speaking having a firearm in your hands when the cops have theirs out is one of those bad ideas you read about.

While I'm sorry about your neighbor's house, I'm glad the cops were able to arrest those people and that nobody was hurt.

#298738 - 03/31/21 07:40 PM Re: Physics Lesson [Re: Blast]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Wow! More excitement than anyone had bargained for! I'm glad everyone was alright. I can understand the impulse to grab a firearm and assist but you were wise to observe instead.

#298743 - 04/01/21 12:22 PM Re: Physics Lesson [Re: Blast]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
The only thing our neighborhood experiences are bear encounters and pet-eating coyotes.

Jeanette Isabelle

Moderator:  KG2V, NightHiker 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 446 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.