I know the title sort of sounds like joke, but seriously, how are you planning on eatting all that food you're storing? Or alternatively, how can you eat food you manage to scrounge or hunt?

One thing that comes to mind for me is porridge. You can make a porridge out of any type of grain availible and you can put just about anything into it. You can make it salty with meat and vegetables or sweet with sugar and fruit. A recipe I found on a chinese cooking site is basically slowly simmer 1 part rice in 6 parts water, or simmer 1 part left over steamed rice in 4 parts water then add what ever you want to it. Benefits of this recipe are its simple to make(you don't even have to grind the grain to make flour), flexible ingredients, and it uses a cheap staple as the main ingredient. About a third of a cup of rice makes enough porridge for one person for breakfast or lunch.

So what ideas do people have?