Do we have any biologists out there?

Yesterday I ran across a nursery selling Mycorrhiza in small packets in the form of 'granules' and bought a few. Actually, it looks like bentonite cat litter with some dried webs in it. But it's as dry as dry can get. You add it to the soil around plants and the Mycorrhiza multiply and colonizes the plant's roots and helps it to absorb mineral nutrients, or something like that.

Some people call Mycorrhiza a bacteria, others call it a fungus. Whatever.

Then there are the bacteria commonly referred to as Rhizobia, that fix nitrogen in the roots of legumes like peas, beans, clover and alfalfa. The package warns that the contents are only good for one season, you can't save the leftovers for next spring.

AND I was recently reading that bacteria (all? most? some?), when they dry, don't die, they just become dormant. When they become moist again, they 'rejuvenate' and become active.

My question: if Mycorrhiza can be dried and brought 'back to life', and all/most/some bacteria can do the same, why can't the Rhizobia do the same?

And, if they do really die after a certain period of time, is there any way to maintain or multiple them from year to year, outside of inoculating the garden bed and not letting it dry out if you don't use it during the growing season?

AND..... if you sprinkle Mycorrhiza and other bacteria over a dead body, is that what makes zombies?

Sue