About 2 weeks ago, I went camping overnight with DW. My 1st attempt vanished just as I was finishing up writing it.

This was a car camping trip that had been postponed two days due to very bad weather that was coming through so that a 3 day trip became an overnighter.

We cooked venison/pork sausage over the fire using cleaned branches. Those in hoagie buns and chips filled us up for supper. The winds were around 15mph throughout the day.

After sunset, the winds picked up to 20-25mph gusting 40mph. There were occasional gusts up to 50mph. The 3 room Magellan tent we were in woblled and staggered like a drunken sailor. Several times we had to realign one of the main poles. During a couple of the 50mph gusts, the top of the tent was pushed downward until it's 7ft height was only 3 ft. This Magellan is one very tough and resilient tent (no affiliation). We did find 1 fiberglass rod had cracked, when we inspected it the next morning. Thw winds laid down shortly after midnight.

Breakfast consisted of coffee, Mountain House (no affiliation) scrambled eggs w/pork sausage ground up, chopped bell pepper and onions. We also tried the biscuits and gravy with ground pork sausage. Both of the Mountain House meals were very good!

The main reason for this trip had been to scout out some camping sites in Kisatchie National Forest but very little was done since my DD2 incurred a mechanical problem at home so we had to leave early.