During a moment of introspection while 'organizing' my camping gear, I realized that I am a lantern junkie. I have D cell and AA cell battery in both standard bulb and LED, candle, kerosene, propane, and white gas lanterns tucked everywhere.

My current favorite for truck camping and home emergency is the Rayovac 3-D cell 240 lumen LED Sportsman. I recently used it while performing one of my favorite home owner tasks: replacing the faucet on my kitchen sink. The Rayovac lantern has a feature where the diffuser can be easily removed, leaving the base with a hard ping-pong ball sized dome containing the LED. This is perfect for emergency room lighting or fixing a faucet, and the lantern is still sealed against the weather (or squirting faucet connections).

I also have the 3-AA 85 lumen version for the pack. Its run time is triple that of my little Coleman backpack light with 3 vs 4 AA's and a higher light output.

These both are of a well-designed robust build, virtually artifact-free, and boast excellent run times VS similar sized LED or filament models. No affiliation.

I found this website that has an interesting comparison of the light output of several different LED lanterns.

https://www.getpreparedstuff.com/kb_results.asp?ID=3

Attachments
Rayovac Sportsman.jpg