The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#257876 - 03/22/13 03:10 AM Les Stroud's Bigfoot Encounters
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Les Stroud's Bigfoot Encounters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_SqkKV8Lbk

#257882 - 03/22/13 12:18 PM Re: Les Stroud's Bigfoot Encounters [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
bws48 Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Anne Arundel County, Maryland
Interesting story. I believe it happened as he describes, and what it was remains a question. But to go from "great ape" sounding noises to "Big Foot," I don't think so (Les does not make this jump). I keep an open mind, but I am skeptical and need really hard evidence.

I just think that you can never go from "I don't know what that was" to "it was Big Foot, a UFO, a ghost etc. etc etc" The logic just doesn't work for me. smile

Edited by bws48 (03/22/13 01:05 PM)
Edit Reason: clarification

#257888 - 03/22/13 04:35 PM Re: Les Stroud's Bigfoot Encounters [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

We're not a forum on Big Foot, the Loch Ness Monster, or UFOs... But what should we equip ourselves with for an encounter?

Some sort of recording device, for sure. The video/camera on your cell phone, or even better, a dedicated HD camcorder.

Plastic bags to gather evidence.

Does bear spray work o Big Foot, or will we get into a "what caliber will work according to my friend who knows stuff" debate?

#257903 - 03/23/13 12:26 AM Re: Les Stroud's Bigfoot Encounters [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#257910 - 03/23/13 02:13 AM Re: Les Stroud's Bigfoot Encounters [Re: Bingley]
unimogbert Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Colorado
Originally Posted By: Bingley
We're not a forum on Big Foot, the Loch Ness Monster, or UFOs... But what should we equip ourselves with for an encounter?

Beef jerky peace offering?

#257915 - 03/23/13 05:48 AM Re: Les Stroud's Bigfoot Encounters [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Maybe Bigfoot is vegetarian... And I don't think the beef jerky would do much when the UFO aliens bring out the probe.

#257916 - 03/23/13 06:47 AM Re: Les Stroud's Bigfoot Encounters [Re: unimogbert]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Originally Posted By: unimogbert

Beef jerky peace offering?

Hahaha! Just don't tease him with it! We've all seen what happens when you "mess with Sasquatch!" grin

#257926 - 03/23/13 02:04 PM Re: Les Stroud's Bigfoot Encounters [Re: Bingley]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country

Some sort of recording device, for sure. The video/camera on your cell phone, or even better, a dedicated HD camcorder.

Plastic bags to gather evidence.

Does bear spray work o Big Foot, or will we get into a "what caliber will work according to my friend who knows stuff" debate?

Most of us can keep the Loch Ness off of your list to prep for - that whole Atlantic Ocean thing seems to work pretty well wink

UFO's? I'll pack a lot of prescriptions to help with forgetting the experience and the PTSD afterwards.

Bigfoot? There's an interesting question - if it does exist, that would be really cool. But, paper bags work better for evidence than plastic. They allow moisture transfer to minimize rotting or mold. Latex gloves (or similar) to avoid your contaminating the evidence. Sterile q-tips for saliva or fluid samples - cotton, not dacron tips. The paper wrapper works OK for a temporary container after the sample is withdrawn. A pen to mark time/location on the sample. Camera would be great for documentation purposes. Ideally some notepad paper to correlate picture with evidence number, and a person to record so you don't contaminate going between pen/paper and samples.

FYI, I've taken a few courses on dealing with evidence collection before. If anyone has experience to refute these claims, I'm open to learning more.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.