Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#205255 - 07/29/10 05:51 AM That's my girls!
aloha Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Hawaii, USA
This afternoon, my kids were playing outside like they like to do. So since it was about time for them to come in to get cleaned up before dinner, I went to go check on them. What do I see?

I saw my six year old had drawn a circle with water. She was standing in the middle of it practicing really hard by herself some kicks and punches I taught her. She was really focused, which is great. Problem is when I went out to take a picture of her doing it, she went from focused to playful. She ran up to me and gave me a big hug and kiss. Then she did her chain punches to my stomach. She did about 30 or so in 20-30 seconds. Not bad for a six year old girl. They were pretty solid and focused too. Yeah! I catch her practicing stuff like that by herself from time to time. Makes my day.

On a side note, I teach a martial arts class to kids and parents together. It is mostly tai chi, but I incorporate some other martial arts and some more physical exercises in it too. After our last class, my little monkey goes, "Daddy, grab my arm." So I do and she proceeds to break out of it like she is taught. She does it a couple of times. Then my wife calls bull kaka. So she has my baby go to her where she grabs her arm. She proceeds to break free each time, my wife says, "OW!" several times. And we have a believer. laugh I didn't teach that stuff in the class yet, just at home.

So she runs off to take a bath.

Then my nine year old wanders in with a stick in hand. She goes, "Daddy, look at my spear!" She had painstakingly ground one end into a point. Cool!

My thought..."THAT'S MY GIRLS!!"

#205257 - 07/29/10 11:38 AM Re: That's my girls! [Re: aloha]
pezhead Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Minnesota
It's nice to see some kids still enjoy time spent outdoors & doing other activities.

#205277 - 07/29/10 08:38 PM Re: That's my girls! [Re: pezhead]
aloha Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Hawaii, USA
Originally Posted By: pezhead
It's nice to see some kids still enjoy time spent outdoors & doing other activities.

Thanks buddy. We try to have our kids be busy with stuff not tv and video game related. They just love the outdoors and do all kinds of physical activities.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 156 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
Yesterday at 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
04/04/24 04:19 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by brandtb
04/03/24 08:27 PM
Car window breakers don't work.
by clearwater
04/03/24 01:35 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.