Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#139244 - 07/10/08 04:20 AM UFOs over Bucks County, PA?
JCWohlschlag Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Sterling, Virginia, United Sta...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25490885/from/ET/

Full article quoted under fair use and because I hate it when forum posts get old and the URLs link to dead content.
Quote:
UFO investigators drawn to Bucks

By JAMES MCGINNIS
PhillyBurbs.com
updated 7:35 a.m. ET, Wed., July. 2, 2008

Since January, four UFO incidents have been reported over Lower Bucks.

The Mutual UFO Network said it will dispatch “field investigators” to Lower Bucks after four reports of strange craft hovering over the county between January and June.

The latest incident was reported Wednesday, when someone saw a craft “with six lights in the shape of a boomerang” over the Oxford Valley Mall in Middletown.

The first sighting was reported Jan. 27, and Falls police officer Jeffrey Omlor was dispatched to Don Pablo's on Route 1 across from the mall. Someone called 911 to report a craft “hovering like an octopus” over the Mexican restaurant. Omlor said he saw nothing strange over the restaurant that night.

But that same day, MUFON said it received a third report from a pizza deliveryman who said he saw an object “over the tree line of Vermillion Hills” that “appeared to be blinking red, white and green lights.”

The fourth report was from Newtown on April 25. Someone claimed to see “an orange fire ball that seemed to be crashing out of the sky.”

Each report filed with MUFON was anonymous. The caller to Falls police also didn't give a name. But that has hardly deterred MUFON.

Field investigator Elise Simon said the group probably would issue a finding in a couple of weeks. She wasn't sure when the investigators would arrive.

“We'll be talking to the local police, the FAA and the local media and any witnesses,” said John Ventre, state director for MUFON, who estimated about 93 percent of UFO reports turn out to be conventional aircraft. “That 7 percent, though, that's the great part, because it really defies explanation,” Ventre said.

MUFON has chapters throughout the world. It's considered one the largest UFO organizations, and claims about 3,000 members.

MUFON was featured in the Fox series “The X-Files.” Members helped FBI special agent Dana Scully, played by Gillian Anderson, locate a microchip planted in her neck.

Visitors to the MUFON Web site — http://www.mufon.com/ — can search through and review UFO incidents dating to 1938.

To become a certified MUFON field investigator, applicants must study a manual available for $28 and pass a 100-question test.

James McGinnis can be reached at 215-949-3248 or jmcginnis@phillyBurbs.com.

So, Martin, been playing with your distress flares recently? laugh

#139283 - 07/10/08 02:54 PM Re: UFOs over Bucks County, PA? [Re: JCWohlschlag]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
That Martin has probably been attaching his flares to helium-filled weather balloons! Eeeek! UFO!

#139293 - 07/10/08 03:40 PM Re: UFOs over Bucks County, PA? [Re: Susan]
dweste Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Central California
I'll apologize later, but women are so damn cute when they go "Eeeek!"

#139299 - 07/10/08 03:56 PM Re: UFOs over Bucks County, PA? [Re: dweste]
Mike_H Offline
Addict

Loc: SE PA
LOL!!!!!! I know dweste is about to get one of those "stern" looks.

#139302 - 07/10/08 04:03 PM Re: UFOs over Bucks County, PA? [Re: dweste]
ponder Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: American Redoubt
"DEWESTE" - Be careful what you imagine!

A BOY NAMED SUE

It tells the preposterous yet moving tale of a young man's quest for revenge on an absent father whose only contribution to his entire life was naming him Sue, traditionally a girl's name. The name was the cause of endless ridicule as the young man was growing up. As the years went on, Sue grew big, strong and fearsome from all the fights he got into with bullies.

At the climax of the song, Sue finds and confronts his father, and the two get into a vicious brawl. After the two have beaten each other almost senseless, Sue's father admits that the name was given to him as an act of love: because he knew he would not be there for his son, Sue's father gave him that name to make sure that he grew up strong. Learning this, Sue forgives his father and they have an emotional reconciliation.

With his lesson learned, Sue closes the song with an announcement: "And if I ever have a son, I think I'm gonna name him . . . Bill or George, any damn thing but Sue! I still hate that name!"

Edited by ponder (07/10/08 04:05 PM)
American Redoubt
N43.9668 W116.1888

#139304 - 07/10/08 04:11 PM Re: UFOs over Bucks County, PA? [Re: ponder]
dweste Offline
Pooh-Bah

Thank you, Johnny Cash!

#139319 - 07/10/08 05:37 PM Re: UFOs over Bucks County, PA? [Re: NightHiker]
dweste Offline
Pooh-Bah

I would like to apologize for my sexist remark about women who say “Eeeek!,” with an explanation.

First, I pretty much find anyone who expresses spontaneous emotion to be a genuine person whose reactions I respect as honest and legitimate. Second, I appreciate that “Eeeek! is also generously meant to warn others of a possible danger to allow them to protect themselves, a noble reaction to danger that is a mistake to belittle with a demeaning response. Third, I regret that my reaction to “Eeeek!” has historically often been to pay more attention to the “Eeeeker” than to the danger to which the “Eeeek!” has alerted me. I am sorry.

Without in any way suggesting an excuse for my behavior, I would also like to explain why I am the way I am about “Eeeeking.” From the time I was a small boy I saw cartoons, animated and static, that suggested that “Eeeek” was some type of vast overreaction to a danger that did not exist. Somewhere around 11 years of age I began feeling a special attraction to women and girls. That attraction still colors, and in some cases overrides, other, perhaps more appropriate, reactions to and understanding of, their behavior and “Eeeek!” communications. The typical “Eeeek!” situation leaves little time to consciously override such programming. Further, it has been my experience that some girls and women use a good “Eeeek!” as a way of drawing my attention to them, whether or not a legitimate “Eeeek-worthy” danger is present.

So, I am to some extent a prisoner of my programming and, while years of therapy might cure me, I still find women who say “Eeeek!” pretty darn cute.

Repeat apology and explanation.

#139321 - 07/10/08 05:39 PM Re: UFOs over Bucks County, PA? [Re: dweste]
Mike_H Offline
Addict

Loc: SE PA
Eeeeking and Eeeeker. Too funny...

dweste, you are on a roll!

#139362 - 07/10/08 09:48 PM Re: UFOs over Bucks County, PA? [Re: Mike_H]
MoBOB Offline
Veteran

Loc: here
The fact that it was seen outside the Oxford Valley Mall should raise doubts. When I went there I asked for Pepsi from a food vendor place (name escapes me) and the crack-baby who was the "worker" ask me "Do you want that in a cup?" I was going to reply "No, just soak my burger in it." I didn't because I was afraid he would. I had reports of similar incidents from friends and associates. The Oxford Valley Mall may be the next X-Files destination...

#139365 - 07/10/08 09:51 PM Re: UFOs over Bucks County, PA? [Re: MoBOB]
Hacksaw
Unregistered

I love testing the wit of the witless.

My favorite is when a clerk asks me if I want something I bought back in the box (like shoes) I say, "No thanks. I'll eat them here".

Followed closely by a clerk asking me if I want the reciept. I'll say, "No thanks. They don't taste good."

Mere coincidence that those two comments involve eating non-edible merchandise.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 459 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.