Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#130054 - 04/13/08 01:32 PM My wife got slipped a daterapedrug
NIM Offline

No this isn't spam. Just to advise that it happens and for people to think about precautions.

My wife was a little naive and didn't think it would happen to her.
We are 98% sure that nothing happened and she was able to call me for help (after several tries).

What a mess, that stuff is nasty. It happened at a party that she went to for an hour or so (she can't recall) she was with co-workers and they didn't see anything.

Symptoms she had: Speech problems, comatose state, nausea, lost memories.

I'm a we bit towards the paranoid side myself, Darn if this helps. She's ok but still out of it 8hrs afterward. I was up all night listening to every breath uggg.

This was an upper scale group of people (lawyers and professionals).

Close calls shouldn't be that close! Watch your drinks guys (and let your wives know it happens even with normal folks)!

She's ok enough now that I'm going to crash.

-NIM

#130055 - 04/13/08 01:36 PM Re: My wife got slipped a daterapedrug [Re: NIM]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Wow, sorry to hear about that, and hope that she is OK...

#130058 - 04/13/08 04:18 PM Re: My wife got slipped a daterapedrug [Re: NIM]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Alamogordo, NM
I pondered for awhile before writing and deciding to post this, so......If you're squeemish, don't read the rest of this post. I make no apologies or disclaimers.

I am a suspicious and skeptical person, attributes that I consider to be qualities, and qualities that I attribute to so many years in my chosen profession. I write this based on the limited information you provided in your post:

If it were me, my suspcions would not be revealed while I interviewed my wife. I would begin that the next day by, in the gentlest of fashions, asking her to recount, in her own words, the previous evening's events. I would listen patiently with nothing more than encouraging words. I would gently ask any questions necessary to fill in any "gray areas". The more gray areas there were (taking into account any lingering effects of a drug, if there were one), the more inconspicuously suspicious I would be. This "statement" by her would quite possibly tell me more than I needed to know and would also suggest to me whether or not I needed to "question" more people.

My suspcions would also not be revealed when I interviewed AND interrogated as many persons as possible that attended the "party".

Being skeptical and suspicious, as I said, I might be afraid of what my investigation revealed. If we seek the truth we have to be ready to stomach it, depending of course on what the truth is.

I hope, if you choose to investigate this matter (and you should!!!), that it turns out there was a crime perpetrated by someone at the party and that you can prosecute them for it. Or......that it was innocent and harmless.

#130059 - 04/13/08 04:30 PM Re: My wife got slipped a daterapedrug [Re: Stretch]
Nishnabotna Offline
Icon of Sin
Addict

Loc: Nebraska
Hospital, police, in that order.

#130061 - 04/13/08 04:39 PM Re: My wife got slipped a daterapedrug [Re: Nishnabotna]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

Indeed. I forgot that. Safety since drugs are dangerous; Evidentiary and doctors are needed for that; Prosecutorial and the police are needed for that. Thanks.

#130078 - 04/14/08 01:42 AM Re: My wife got slipped a daterapedrug [Re: Nishnabotna]
frostbite Offline

Loc: TN
Definitely Hospital and police!

#130641 - 04/20/08 07:52 PM Re: My wife got slipped a daterapedrug [Re: OldBaldGuy]
CJK Offline
Addict

Loc: FL, USA
Our thoughts are with her and you.....hospital....police.....i agree.

#130657 - 04/20/08 11:31 PM Re: My wife got slipped a daterapedrug [Re: CJK]
Art_in_FL Offline
Pooh-Bah

It pays to travel and go out in groups and to have at least one 'designated driver' or other person who doesn't drink so they can keep a sober eye on things and get home safely. No drinks get left unattended. Watch the hands of anyone who approaches. Smart ladies place their hand over their drink when they look away and anyone is close.

Sad to say but it makes me wonder what men are coming to. The 'one night stand' is a tradition. Adults getting drunk and laid is a well known and understood game. Resorting to slipping a woman drugs is unsportsmanlike. Pretty lame to have to sink that low.

#130668 - 04/21/08 01:40 AM Re: My wife got slipped a daterapedrug [Re: Art_in_FL]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

Unsportsmanlike??????

Rape, an unsportsmanlike game. hmmmm. Yes, what are (some) men coming to? What are we coming to when we call a "one night stand" a tradition and using a powerful drug to rape a woman unsportsmanlike?

Edited by Stretch (04/21/08 01:43 AM)

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Jeanette_Isabelle), 423 Guests and 38 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
1 second ago
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.