The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#129195 - 04/03/08 02:37 PM Class Time
MoBOB Offline
Veteran

Loc: here
OK Class, as some of you may recall, I am just starting to put together my EDC and PSK. Originally they were going to be kind of mashed together as a single entity. With a little thought I have decided to go split them. The EDC will be smaller in comparison to the PSK. If you remember from a previous thread I mentioned that I was going to try using a Nite-Ize tool holder for my Leatherman Crunch and a coin tubes for the other stuff.

So, as I was thinking more and more about how to contain items in a container. Little hobby baggies are an option. But, I had another thought (danger Will Robinson!). This is where your homework assignment comes in to play. What could you store in the cap of a dried out Sharpie? After all, they are just tubes without a cap. Now go grab a regular one, a big one, and let me know what you discover.

You will be rewarded with the currency of the forum; the "Survivo".

Class dismissed.

#129198 - 04/03/08 02:54 PM Re: Class Time [Re: MoBOB]
Dan_McI Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NYC
Needles will fit, and it might be a good way to contain some. However, i like the idea someone else had here of using a case for mechincal pencil leads.

Certainly some thread and fishing line could fit, but how would be the issue. I think a cotter or hair pin could be used to wrap either around. You could do the same with some duct tape around something too. I like spools for sewing machines for these, but they will not fit in a sharpie.

I've got, although I sometimes question keeping, fishing gear around. However, it can supply food. Some hooks, sinkers and maybe a small spinner should fit.

A small x-acto or scapel blade might fit. It's not my first blade of chocie, but it's better than nothing.

#129202 - 04/03/08 03:30 PM Re: Class Time [Re: Dan_McI]
MoBOB Offline
Veteran

You get 20 Survivos. Feel free to spend at your leisure

#129209 - 04/03/08 04:48 PM Re: Class Time [Re: MoBOB]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
A rolled up $100 bill can be put in there. A cotton wad soaked in vaseline, a match and a striker pad wrapped in plastic wrap separate from the wad can all be stuffed in together. Half a load of powder for my 50 cal muzzleloader can fit. 28 .177 cal bbs will fit. 5 feet of standard duct tape in a roll will fit. 8 ibuprofren tablets will fit. A black cat firecracker and 1/2 oz of #9 lead shot will fit in there (personnel deterrent???).
One whole sheet of standard kleenex tissue can be stuffed in.

I could go on...

#129221 - 04/03/08 05:43 PM Re: Class Time [Re: MoBOB]
JCWohlschlag Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Sterling, Virginia, United Sta...
Originally Posted By: MoBOB
What could you store in the cap of a dried out Sharpie?

A fresh Sharpie. wink Hey, people do include them in kits! I like the Twin Tip ones.

#129227 - 04/03/08 06:32 PM Re: Class Time [Re: JCWohlschlag]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
Land sakes! Why would you take the cap off a fresh sharpie and replace it with one from a dried up one! You'd still have a spare cap to fill. That don't make no sense!

#129229 - 04/03/08 06:36 PM Re: Class Time [Re: MoBOB]
Taurus Offline
Addict

Loc: Northern Canada

Quote:
...that I was going to try using a Nite-Ize tool holder for my Leatherman Crunch and a coin tubes for the other stuff.

Hey moBOB.

I dont want to steer this off topic but I use a Nite-ize holder as well.(Ilove the thing) The little pouch at the bottom holds matches and tinder, wire, safety pins,string, small bottle of lighter fluid(etc) as well as a nail wrapped in GUN tape. I chopped down a hacksaw blade and attached a mine string handle which fits down the long back sleeve. If you decide to drop the flashlight a metal cigar tube with a good cap will fit where the flashlight goes in place of a sharpie and can be filled with all sorts of stuff. some tubes are quite strong and resist bending and abuse quite well, not to mention being waterproof. Some of these tubes are quite fat and can even hold a button compass or a mini BIC.

#129240 - 04/03/08 08:12 PM Re: Class Time [Re: benjammin]
MoBOB Offline
Veteran

You get 90 Survivos. You would have received more but you were a little smug with the "I could on" statement. You stand admonished.

Feel free to spend your loot on what ever you desire.

Edited by MoBOB (04/03/08 08:12 PM)

#129241 - 04/03/08 08:15 PM Re: Class Time [Re: Taurus]
MoBOB Offline
Veteran

I just have the two-pocket version.

The bigger one is, well...bigger. Plus I don't care for the straps on the outside. My Inova is straight and would fall right out.

5 Survivos for class participation.

#129244 - 04/03/08 08:25 PM Re: Class Time [Re: MoBOB]
Taurus Offline
Addict

Loc: Northern Canada
Quote:
I just have the two-pocket version.

Ahhh I see....oops.

I have been away from here for a while so I may have missed this but WTF is a survivo?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 426 Guests and 33 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.