The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#103852 - 08/28/07 08:54 PM Urban Kit additions - shoe laces and stain remover
Kris Offline
Addict

Loc: A Canadian Back in Canada
All,

I'm currently building up my urban/wilderness survival kit, though its taking quite a long time. This kit is something that will be with me at all times when i'm going to, at, and on my way from home. Its more of a EDC kit then anything else.

I always have a spare pair of shoe laces for 'dress' shoes (paracord just doesn't do the trick when you have a meeting with the CEO in 3 mins). But I notice I go through them often. Is there a brand of shoe laces that are made out of something short of steel that won't wear out often enough so that I need to keep a couple pairs in my kit (black and brown). I'll probably still have spares, but need something long lasting.

Also, is there some type of stain remove that can get rid of coffee stains on dress shirts? I've used the tide pen (with some positive results, but today it did not get the coffee stain off the shirt), and i've use the shout wipes (waste of money - IMHO).

Thanks in advance,
Kris

#103885 - 08/29/07 02:01 AM Re: Urban Kit additions - shoe laces and stain rem [Re: Kris]
xbanker Offline
Addict

Loc: Anthem, AZ USA
My wife offers this suggestion: OxiClean Spray-A-Way pocket-size spray.

As for your shoelaces, seems like somewhere I've seen/read about Kevlar-reinforced laces. If those don't work, time to consider moving to a business slip-on, and chuck the laces. smile

Dan

#103925 - 08/29/07 11:25 AM Re: Urban Kit additions - shoe laces and stain rem [Re: xbanker]
Kris Offline
Addict

Loc: A Canadian Back in Canada
I can't get myself to make the switch to a business slip on. In my mind, a shoe needs to have laces. I know, warped, but just my thinking.

I'll try the oxiclean spray... since i'm such a clutz, i'm sure in the next day or so i'll have something spilled on me!

Thanks for the suggestion!
Kris

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 429 Guests and 467 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.