Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#19191 - 09/18/03 04:18 PM Have you been listening to your animals?
Hutch66 Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
Our dogs were really wound up yesterday and I couldn't figure it out. I took them out on a long walk that usually leaves them nearly unconscious for the better part of the day, but they never missed a beat. They were running around and wrestling and would get upset if they couldn't see any of their people. I finally figured out that they could tellt a storm was coming when I had a flashback to one of Chris K's posts. Very interesting since yesterday was a beautiful day with no hint that we were getting a hurricane today. When I talked to my girlfriend she said that her pets were acting similarly, but not to the same extent.

So I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

Good luck to everyone who's in Isabelle's way.

#19192 - 09/18/03 04:38 PM Re: Have you been listening to your animals?
Polak187 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Brooklyn, New York
Yes my pup was next to me all the time. He usually just wonders off and his dog life problems keep him occupied but yesterday he was just sitting next to me. And all the time he was checking up on me. He cried when I was leaving for nigth shift so I drove him to my parents house. He knows... he may only know two tricks but the 6th sense is there.

#19193 - 09/18/03 05:04 PM Re: Have you been listening to your animals?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmm. Our dog was a little more chummy this morning but then again we aren't really in the path of the storm. My wife said that all the dogs at the dog park yesterday were running more and playing harder than usual. Don't know that was related to the storm either.

I will definitely agree that they have a sixth sense though. This was brought to light the other night when we happened upon someone standing in the shadows next to the driveway. My dog ( a lab mix who LOVES everyone) snapped into a defensive pose with hair and tail up, and teeth bared. Luckily she knew I was serious when I issued the "wait' command. Even after i identified the person as a woman from the neighborhood the dog wanted nothing to do with her. I don't know if the dog picked up on my vibes or hers but she definitely keyed into something that changed her whole nature.

Chris

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 396 Guests and 50 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.