First of all I moved this to the Campfire forum where it is more appropriate. Secondly, I have no personal agenda to bring to the debate. Various environmental concerns are a worldwide issue. Few nations or cultures are free of fault. The archaeological record is often marked by cultures that expanded to the maximum capacity of their environment and then went a few percentiles over carrying capacity or encountered adverse changes in the envireonment. The Canyon de Chey complex is a classic example. The latest information I gleaned was from Earth Island Istitute based in San Francisco. The story was later covered by several world news agencies recently. A good book to read is Farley Mowat's SEA OF SLAUGHTER. You will find many of the same arguments presented repeatedly over the centuries; the fish have moved for some inexplicable reason, sea otters,pelicans,sea lions, harp seals are annihilating the stocks ( after millenium of being part of the same complex system) or another group is "stealing OUR fish." All I know for sure is this: I am having a tough time going out on a boat and putting a hook in the water because of severely curtailed stocks, restricted fishing zones and seasons and fine fishing skippers taking on second and even third jobs, angry,bewildered and looking for answers too.