The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#297651 - 11/27/20 02:11 PM Question from planet Mars
Chisel Offline
Veteran

LOL. Not really
But it is a question from a different part of the world, about a topic not really relevant to this forum

My question is about something related to construction of concrete structures.

OK, my question is from another galaxy. LOL.

In our part of the world, we use concrete to build our houses. As you may know, when you pour concrete to make columns or ceilings, you need to leave that concrete for several days before it is hardened enough to support itself and we can remove the supporting scaffolds .. etc.

The concrete has to be kept wet for a few more days, depending on the building code in your area, and during this period , we used to spray it with water and cover it with material to slow water evaporation.

Recently though, a wax-like material started gaining popularity. The minute we remove the supporting material, we spray the concrete with this waxy stuff, and leave it for a week or so before doing more work. Some companies are advertising this waxy stuff and the pump they use to spray it, which is more or less a spray pump that is used for spraying pesticides. I asked some of them about cleaning that pump afterwards, ( because the waxy stuff solidifies and may clog the pump) and prevent later use. I got no answer.

So, here is my question : if you use this pump to spray the waxy stuff on concrete , do you just wash it with water ??? Or do you need a specific solvent ???

After some searching I got this info
Material is called : Antisol
Manufacturing Company = Sika

Here is a link :
https://gcc.sika.com/content/dam/dms/gcc/o/sika_antisol_wb.pdf

Any ideas ???

#297652 - 11/27/20 02:35 PM Re: Question from planet Mars [Re: Chisel]
M_a_x Offline
Veteran

Loc: Germany
From the data sheet:
Quote:
Further Information
Clean all tools and equipment immediately with warm soapy water.

I´d use water with soap (probably dish soap). Warm water if it is available, cold water otherwise.

#297653 - 11/27/20 03:04 PM Re: Question from planet Mars [Re: M_a_x]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Oh, Max
Thanks indeed

Would you believe I didn't see that in the datasheet

Thanks

#297654 - 11/27/20 03:19 PM Re: Question from planet Mars [Re: Chisel]
M_a_x Offline
Veteran

Loc: Germany
You are welcome, Chisel.
They could have opted for a better title for that chapter.
I am totally capable to not see information in manuals or on data sheets myself.

#297655 - 11/27/20 03:34 PM Re: Question from planet Mars [Re: M_a_x]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

LOL

There is a wisdom that says : you only see with your heart, not your eyes.

Actually this is relevant to prepping in a way
There are many times I have placed a critical tool or item, just to forget where it was when I needed it most. It did happen to me a few times. Partial solution is to have several and scatter them in different places.

#297656 - 11/27/20 03:54 PM Re: Question from planet Mars [Re: Chisel]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Best way I have found to lose something requiring a toss the house search is to make sure I place it in a safe place so I don't lose it. blush
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#297657 - 11/27/20 04:20 PM Re: Question from planet Mars [Re: Doug_Ritter]
brandtb Offline
Addict

Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Doug_Ritter
Best way I have found to lose something requiring a toss the house search is to make sure I place it in a safe place so I don't lose it. blush

The best way I've found to find something I've lost is to buy a replacement. It will immediately turn up just as I'm taking the new one out of the package.

#297658 - 11/27/20 04:22 PM Re: Question from planet Mars [Re: brandtb]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: brandtb

The best way I've found to find something I've lost is to buy a replacement. It will immediately turn up just as I'm taking the new one out of the package.

Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Harder to do when you can't buy a replacement. Still searching...
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#297665 - 11/28/20 11:40 AM Re: Question from planet Mars [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Quote:
Best way I have found to lose something requiring a toss the house search is to make sure I place it in a safe place so I don't lose it.

Exactly

And there is another variation: you have something all the time, except when you need it and find out you forgot it at home only that one time.

I used to carry two pens, not one, but two (blue and black ink). They are on me even at home, and only leave my pocket when I go to sleep. Then one day I was going to meet a guy in a cafe to discuss some business. When the discussion needed some drawing and writing, I had NONE of my pens on me !!

#297666 - 11/28/20 01:05 PM Re: Question from planet Mars [Re: Chisel]
brandtb Offline
Addict

Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Chisel
Quote:
Best way I have found to lose something requiring a toss the house search is to make sure I place it in a safe place so I don't lose it.

Exactly

And there is another variation: you have something all the time, except when you need it and find out you forgot it at home only that one time.

I used to carry two pens, not one, but two (blue and black ink). They are on me even at home, and only leave my pocket when I go to sleep. Then one day I was going to meet a guy in a cafe to discuss some business. When the discussion needed some drawing and writing, I had NONE of my pens on me !!

I have about 10 sets of 2.75 magnification reading glasses. I have so many because I want them scattered around the house, shop, and car so I always have one when I need one. When I do need one, I find that they have all fetched up together in a location most inconvenient to where I am right now trying to read some fine print.

Edited by brandtb (11/28/20 01:05 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 191 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/06/24 06:18 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
China and Taiwan
by brandtb
02/19/24 02:18 PM
No More Ritter Knives?
by KenK
02/19/24 01:33 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.