Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#296123 - 05/17/20 12:13 AM Check in time, I am still alive, Are you?
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
I am still alive and kicking. Still working and have postponed my retirement for a year or two.

How is everyone?

#296128 - 05/17/20 12:50 AM Re: Check in time, I am still alive, Are you? [Re: wildman800]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Alive and well! I am working from home, have been since mid March, and fortunately still drawing my full salary. Good to see all is well, Wildman800!

#296129 - 05/17/20 02:30 AM Re: Check in time, I am still alive, Are you? [Re: wildman800]
pforeman Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Iowa
Still kicking in Iowa...
Retired now (boy, was that good timing or what!) We're doing well and the biggest news is I got my hair cut today!

This site has been a rich source of 'entertainment' and information during the "time of restriction" and I want to thank one and all!

Paul -

#296131 - 05/17/20 04:50 AM Re: Check in time, I am still alive, Are you? [Re: wildman800]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Still kicking up here, north of 49, and social distancing in a disciplined manner (we are; some neighbours are a little cavalier IMO). We're opening up, very carefully, after the first wave. And fully aware that this is not over, virus-wise, and pretty severe, economy wise. There is no easy path forward. Rather a no-win scenario, and all we can do is muddle through.

Planting gardens, plus additional garden to support the food bank and extended family. It underscores my long-term gut feeling that access to fertile land, and the skills to use it, is the foundation of everything else.

Stay safe, everybody. And be disciplined: we can beat this thing.

#296134 - 05/17/20 09:34 AM Re: Check in time, I am still alive, Are you? [Re: wildman800]
Janysboy Offline
Journeyman

I'm working at a VA hospital in St. Louis. Grateful to have a job with good benefits.

#296136 - 05/17/20 11:19 AM Re: Check in time, I am still alive, Are you? [Re: dougwalkabout]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
I view the quarantine as a dress rehearsal for a greater event.

Jeanette Isabelle

#296137 - 05/17/20 11:35 AM Re: Check in time, I am still alive, Are you? [Re: pforeman]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I can’t wait to get a hair cut. My hair is driving me up a wall!

#296138 - 05/17/20 11:37 AM Re: Check in time, I am still alive, Are you? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

You may be correct. I have that same feeling.

#296142 - 05/17/20 03:29 PM Re: Check in time, I am still alive, Are you? [Re: wildman800]
chaosmagnet Online   content
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
The two biggest changes for me are that I haven't been flying to see my customers, and we've had what seems like a great deal of recombinant DNA around the house. Thankfully my job was all work from home when not in front of customers before.

After witnessing my wife's handiwork applying my electric beard trimmer to the heads of the recombinant DNA, I submitted to the same treatment yesterday. Huge improvement.

#296143 - 05/17/20 03:45 PM Re: Check in time, I am still alive, Are you? [Re: wildman800]
KenK Offline
"Be Prepared"
Pooh-Bah

Loc: NE Wisconsin
I'm in NE Wisconsin - the state that has gone into post lockdown chaos. You may have heard that the WI Supreme Court ruled that the governor and his administration had no authority to lock down the state without legislature approval - and the legislature is locked up, so the court essentially opened the state up immediately.

Some of the counties in my area quickly locked their counties back down (up?) and some did not, but within days most all area counties dropped the lockdown and simply recommended a set of Wisconsin Economic Council safety rules (most make sense). Our local small pizza place did take out, but now say "come on in, have a few drinks, and socialize while waiting for your pizza to be ready". We won't be doing that.

So everything is opening up. Many bars and restaurants are posting that it will take a week or two to reconfigure before they feel comfortable opening. TV shots show people in the bars without masks happy that they can socialize again (I'm working hard not to editorialize here).

For my wife & I, being in the at-risk age group, are retired and staying home, except for a semi-weekly trip to the local small grocery store. We order a lot of stuff online, including food.

Speaking of hair cuts ... I'd ordered a Wahl Color Pro Cordless Rechargeable Hair Clipper and actually cut my own hair after watching a few YouTube videos. It worked GREAT! Next time I may have the wife do it, but she was worried that she'd mess up so I did it myself. Honestly, nobody here would care. This morning I asked my son if I could send him the same clipper. I'm sure his hair is insanely long. I haven't heard back from him.

We have horses on seven acres with a mix of pasture, woods, a small wetland, between two lakes, so we have no shortage of places to walk, and things to do.

And here we remain waiting for the positive test results to explode (hopefully not), and the availability of a vaccine (hopefully soonish).

Take care of yourself!! Then again, I'm reminded of that Billy Joel song - sinners are much more fun ... only the good die young.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (chaosmagnet), 292 Guests and 26 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.