Folks,

I messed up in the "Ridiculous carry" thread in Around The Campfire.

There was an innocuous question regarding firearms and it started to devolve into firearms politics very quickly. Worse still, I contributed to it. As a reminder:

Originally Posted By: http://forums.equipped.org/rules.html
FIREARMS DISCUSSION: The use of firearms for survival or preparedness, either for food gathering or self-defense, is a perfectly acceptable topic. You can discuss what, where, when, how and training. Any discussion that moves into the realm of defending or opposing firearms ownership or use in our society is political in nature and has no place here.

From the perspective of ETS, firearms are a valid and acceptable survival and preparedness tool. If you don't believe in this, ignore threads involving firearms. If discussion of firearms use bothers you too much, you are welcome to leave. If you oppose the concept of firearms ownership or use, regardless of your reasons, take your debate about the subject elsewhere. If you support firearms ownership and use, that's fine, BUT this is not the place to try to convert those who do not.

This is the first time I've had to moderate myself and I'm embarrassed by my own poor judgement. If I'd handled the issue correctly I wouldn't have had to edit so many posts and lock the thread.

Moving forward, please understand that I will strictly enforce the rules as they are written above.

PM me with any questions.

chaosmagnet