Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#251496 - 10/07/12 04:43 AM Come on You Tubers !!!
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Time to time you find some gems on You tube. It is really a great thing. But at times you see some clips and feel so irritated you are distracted from the main purpose of the video.

As an example , I was watching ( or trying to watch ) another video about bOBs or GHBs. The guy had the camera covering him and everything else around EXCEPT the stuff he is talking about. I mean, come on, we don't mind seeing your face but we are more interested in seeing that gear !! Is that hard to understand ? Wose yet, the guy took the items - one at a time - from the bag , held it in his hand ABOVE the camera coverage, and then put it on the table BEHIND the backpack, So, you practically couyldn't see what items he was talking about.

A few days ago, I started to see a "survival/bushcraft video" and the guy was wearing a mask !! How about the simpler , and BETTER, thing to do which is zooming on the fire pit or whatever he was doing ????

Yesterday, I tried again to see some YouTubes. Again I was turned off by what the guy did, and didn't even complete the 15 minutes or so. The guy said he was "camera shy" and put his head in the shadow so that he is not seen !! Well, how about zooming in on the BOB and contents and not showing your shadowy face to begin with !!!

These guys are doing something very negative to the prepper community , in addition they are irritating. I wish they learn some production skills before they try some thing like this.

#251509 - 10/07/12 05:23 PM Re: Come on You Tubers !!! [Re: Chisel]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
Originally Posted By: Chisel

These guys are doing something very negative to the prepper community , in addition they are irritating. I wish they learn some production skills before they try some thing like this.

Depending upon how you define "prepper community", one might well acknowledge that there are some very unusual and novel ideas and concepts floating around out there....

"All the world is crazy except me and thee, and sometimes I worry about thee......"

Edited by hikermor (10/07/12 05:59 PM)

#251520 - 10/07/12 11:07 PM Re: Come on You Tubers !!! [Re: Chisel]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Northern California
I wouldn't have taken down the videos if they can legitimately help people. You can disable comments and voting if you don't care what others think about the videos.

I appreciate the service that Youtube offers. They provide controls that allow a channel owner to tailor a channel as desired. You can make your entire channel private. Then, you can link your videos to an external site where you can dissociate your videos from Youtube.com, thereby taking advantage of the superior Youtube servers while having more control of user traffic. By the way, I manage a Youtube channel related to self-defense.

#251522 - 10/07/12 11:35 PM Re: Come on You Tubers !!! [Re: Chisel]
unimogbert Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Colorado
My channel shows me playing guitar.
I hope that doesn't bother you too much ......

#251526 - 10/08/12 12:17 AM Re: Come on You Tubers !!! [Re: Chisel]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Many BOB/GHBs youtube videos do have some useful information as to the kit, but I suspect that there is a good proportion of the tactical survivalist prepper guns'n'knives'n'ammo folks on Youtube have never actually spent a night out under the stars. Many of them use Alice Packs for their BOB but thats not a problem though as the beer belly counterbalances them for pack weight distribution.. wink

The number of folks that don't even pack a sleeping bag or warm clothing let alone a sleeping pad is quite astounding. It does get cold even in the desert at night time!

#251528 - 10/08/12 02:00 AM Re: Come on You Tubers !!! [Re: Chisel]
celler Offline
Addict

Loc: Jupiter, FL
I generally dislike the word "prepper" and its connotations and hate to see its expanded use on this site. Maybe folks are using it here as an internet shortcut, but everything I see on other media about "preppers" make me want to distance myself from them. Am I well-prepared for potential disasters? I would like to think so. Am I a "prepper"? Definitely not.

#251532 - 10/08/12 04:52 AM Re: Come on You Tubers !!! [Re: celler]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

celler, it started with "survivalism" and now there are many weho do not like to be labeled "survivalists. Same thing is happening to "prepper" label.

Quote:
My channel shows me playing guitar.
I hope that doesn't bother you too much ......

bert, it doesn't bother me at all
And I apologize if my comments have bothered you in anyway.

There are great YT channels off course and I have enjoyed some bushcrafting videos ..etc. And there are even a few kids whose videos have given me an idea or two. But the main purpose of this thread is about people who do not know how to make a good video. If I am showing something, that something should be the main focus of the video. Everything else should be secondary to the camera including the person himself.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 388 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.