Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#242346 - 03/03/12 09:26 AM I think it's time for an intervention!
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
I've been tired of my random piles of knives and survival gear cluttering up the place, so today I decided to do something about it. On the way home from work I swung by Wally-World and picked up a 73" tall x 18" deep x 36" wide plastic Plano shelf unit. They're pretty sturdy and go together in about 10 minutes, perfect for the level of ambition I had tonite. grin

Well, I thought it would be a good rack to hold not my camping gear, just knives and survival stuff. Well, it's not big enough! shocked blush There's barely enough room for my knives...

I wonder what this means? whistle

#242349 - 03/03/12 10:48 AM Re: I think it's time for an intervention! [Re: Phaedrus]
Pharaoh Offline

Loc: The Hague, the Netherlands.
Hi Phaedrus.

BTDT.
What this means is you have caught the same bug as almost erveryone else on this forum.
There is no cure !!!!!!!!!!!
But that is not necessarily a bad thing. cool whistle

ATB
Pharaoh.

#242351 - 03/03/12 12:18 PM Re: I think it's time for an intervention! [Re: Phaedrus]
LesSnyder Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New Port Richey, Fla
...first a couple of shelves to keep hurricane supplies centralized..camp stoves, kero lanterns, first aid kit,radio, batteries...then some water storage...then the 5day ice chests...fans....solar shower sprayer

next its a rolling tool box with telescoping handle (in case you evacuate) for battery chargers, solar panel, propane adapters, cooking gear and to hold the small stuff on the shelves....

then I come to this forum and am introduced to "you people" laugh

#242352 - 03/03/12 01:17 PM Re: I think it's time for an intervention! [Re: Phaedrus]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Knives are like flashlights. You don't have too many until you need a trailer.

#242371 - 03/03/12 05:35 PM Re: I think it's time for an intervention! [Re: Phaedrus]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Quote:
I've been tired of my random piles of knives and survival gear cluttering up the place, so today I decided to do something about it.

Eyes wide open, hand on chest, heart is beating like a drum

Quote:
picked up a 73" tall x 18" deep x 36" wide plastic Plano shelf unit

sheeesh , a sigh of relief.. LOL

I honestly thought you were dumping/selling the stuff .

#242375 - 03/03/12 06:15 PM Re: I think it's time for an intervention! [Re: Phaedrus]
Tjin Offline
Pooh-Bah

So i'm the exception here? I rarely see huge improvements on gear, that convinces me to buy new stuff. I usually buy quality gear and then wear them out. If i do replace them i usually sell them off to make space and get some money out of it...

So mine EDC consist of the same knife for the last 7+ years and mine flashlight and Eneloop battery for 3 years.

Edited by Tjin (03/03/12 06:17 PM)

#242382 - 03/03/12 08:30 PM Re: I think it's time for an intervention! [Re: Tjin]
Byrd_Huntr Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MN, Land O' Lakes & Rivers ...
Originally Posted By: Tjin
So i'm the exception here? I rarely see huge improvements on gear, that convinces me to buy new stuff. I usually buy quality gear and then wear them out. If i do replace them i usually sell them off to make space and get some money out of it...

So mine EDC consist of the same knife for the last 7+ years and mine flashlight and Eneloop battery for 3 years.

You need to share the secret of your restraint with us. I came home from the thrift store today with another canteen cup (number 6) and a wooden grouse picture that I could have lived without.

#242390 - 03/03/12 09:33 PM Re: I think it's time for an intervention! [Re: Byrd_Huntr]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I haven't seen an ETS member yet who didn't get addicted in some form or another. It may be making your own gear, rather than buying it, but ETS spawns gear-skills addicts in one form or another.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#242394 - 03/03/12 09:59 PM Re: I think it's time for an intervention! [Re: Byrd_Huntr]
Tjin Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Byrd_Huntr
Originally Posted By: Tjin

You need to share the secret of your restraint with us. I came home from the thrift store today with another canteen cup (number 6) and a wooden grouse picture that I could have lived without.

Just have to many expensive hobbies and saving to buy an house/apartment. Hard enough to just replace the worn, aging or just plain bad equipment.

#242411 - 03/04/12 01:16 AM Re: I think it's time for an intervention! [Re: Phaedrus]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
There's barely enough room for my knives...

Send the knives to me. I'll be happy to hold them for you, even the nice ones. It won't be any trouble at all, so please don't hesitate if you need my help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Ren), 346 Guests and 26 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.