Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#238675 - 01/05/12 02:19 AM Does anybody here like to cook & hunt?
Roarmeister Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Then there's a website for you to explore. A new cookbook for those who dabble in the great outdoors and want to fancy up their cooking methods on everything from morels to blue grouse to squirrel to bison. Check out the receipe section.
Girl Hunter

Suppose you are out plucking a few rabbits for a simple stew, well how about mixing/livening it up with olives and preserved lemon?
Braised Rabbit

"Georgia Pellegrini has viewed herself as an adventurous meat eater for years. The classically trained chef would never shy away from the strange cuts and unusual parts she’d find at outdoor markets and Asian butchers.

And then one day, while Pellegrini was working at the farm-to-table restaurant Blue Hill at Stone Barns in New York, the head chef gave her an unexpected assignment: slaughter five turkeys for that night’s dinner.

Her first reaction was paralysis, followed by a serious contemplation of life as a vegetarian. Ultimately, though, she and some other cooks held the turkeys down, cut their windpipes, dunked them in boiling water, plucked their feathers, gutted them and prepared every edible part of each bird.

“This switch in me sort of flipped,” Pellegrini, 30, told TODAY.com. “It really clicked for me that this is what has to happen for the turkey to get to my plate. ... It was intense, emotional and a little bit scary. But I realized that if I’m going to be a chef and a meat eater ... I needed to experience it from beginning to end.”
Girl Hunter article from MSNBC

#238679 - 01/05/12 02:36 AM Re: Does anybody here like to cook & hunt? [Re: Roarmeister]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

You forgot to mention how cute she is. I'm sure there are plenty of hunting women, but she's the one I'd like to hunt with.

#238680 - 01/05/12 02:51 AM Re: Does anybody here like to cook & hunt? [Re: Roarmeister]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Northern California
"I left finance at Lehman Brothers and traded in my laptop for a set of knives..."

http://youtu.be/WdNCNj98FlE

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 444 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.