Had a nice family morning. Breakfast at Koa Pancake House in Kapolei was delicious. So was the conversation.

I was reminiscing about when oldest was 2, my wife would go to her monthly Mom's Club book group at a coffee shop in Kapolei. My daughter and I would drop her off and cruise the mall. At 2 years old, she would ask for sushi for dinner every time. Then I took her to a store where she wanted to buy a little toy dog. When she gave it to me, I told her to give it to the man behind the counter (he owned the store). She waddled up, looked at him and said, "Excuse me, may I buy this please?" The guy looked at her, then looked up at me like I was a ventriloquist. Classic. He asked how old she was and she told him two. He freaked out a little, looked at me and said his son was three and couldn't even talk yet.

Then I told littlest that was before she was born. In fact, before she was even a twinkle in daddy's eye. Wife said, "Daddy always has a twinkle in his eye.' My quick response, since we were talking with our kids was that the twinkle was like in the old super hero shows, they would put a twinkle in the main guy's smile or maybe even eye.

Somehow that led us to talking about how the guy couldn't recognize Wonder Woman since she looked the same except for her outfit and her hair was let down. So wife's comment was the guys couldn't tell because they never looked past her, uh, outfit.

So the same thing with Superman. No one recognized him because of his red BVDs that he wears over his clothes.

Then we started talking about last weekend when we were walking around in Waikele while wife was shopping and this strange little girl kept getting in oldest daughter's face asking her what her name is. We all had a strange feeling about her so we kept walking. The girl kept walking in front of her and stopping to ask her name so my daughter made up some weird name and told her. While she stopped to figure out the name, we made our getaway. I didn't know what name she gave her except that is sounded strange, so I asked her what name she gave the girl. My daughter said she didn't remember except she tried to make it rhyme with "Go A Way." Wife almost sprayed my little one with a mouthful of crepes.

Then we went to the new Down to Earth store to check it out. Wife didn't have anything to buy so we only ended up with three bags o' stuff. wink To be fair, one bag was white cheddar popcorn I got for us to snack while watching a family movie.

Anyway, long story to a fun breakfast.