Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#208607 - 09/27/10 12:35 AM Some photos from a fishing trip today
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nothern Ontario
We went out on a late season salmon fishing trip today. Unfortuantely we caught no salmon, however we were able to get some other seafood delectables as seen below.

At the marina, always a great photo-op in spite of overcast conditions.

The weather was cool, however we missed the rain and it made for a still pleasent day on the water.

These boats look so small next to the freighter and there is not a lot of manuever room in this area...

Fresh crabs, many more were released as they were too small.

Hauling in the prawns from the boat owner's traps.. We ended up with a lot of prawns..guess what is for dinner tonight? And no, that is not me in the photo.

This a 2 gallon bucket and it was nearly full after this photo was taken.

Crab cleaning time. I think we ended up keeping 6 of them

Prawn cleaning time..lots of them to clean! It was mentioned recently here that the ocean coastlines can provide an abundance of food. If you know where to look and have the know how, you will never go hungry.

This young boy and his brother are here visiting from Switzerland. Despite a significant language barrier and me having to use miming and mimicking to communciate with them, showing and letting both these young boys touch, hold and clean some crabs and prawns more then made up for our lack of fish today. They were both profoundly excited and impressed and will have great memories of my country and a story to tell their friends when they go back home....and really this is what it is all about.

John Lubbock

#208613 - 09/27/10 02:26 AM Re: Some photos from a fishing trip today [Re: Teslinhiker]
Richlacal Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Man! Those photo's from BC are just Magnificent! It was 105 F today in Los Angeles,& It's presently 84F as I write this!That's a Great shot of The Swiss kid,handling the shrimp/prawn,& Makes me wonder if Lake Geneva has any crawdads or Freshwater shrimp.Last time I handled Live Prawns,was Many Moons ago,in Biscayne Bay,FL,& they left a Fear with me,I possess, to this Day!Some were 1/4lb or Larger,Each!Thanks for the Pics,I feel a bit cooler,already!

#208615 - 09/27/10 03:36 AM Re: Some photos from a fishing trip today [Re: Teslinhiker]
CANOEDOGS Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: MINNESOTA
great photos!!..fresh seafood is something we really miss in the Midwest..

#208627 - 09/27/10 11:26 AM Re: Some photos from a fishing trip today [Re: Teslinhiker]
Byrd_Huntr Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MN, Land O' Lakes & Rivers ...
Looks like fun. Thanks for posting this.

#208682 - 09/29/10 05:02 PM Re: Some photos from a fishing trip today [Re: Teslinhiker]
aloha Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Hawaii, USA
That is awesome what you did. And a nice catch too.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 477 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.