Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#203394 - 06/13/10 11:59 PM Searching for a AA flashlight Holder
elgecko Offline
Stranger

Loc: SE PA
I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

I have a Fenix L1D Flashlight. I have this attached to me at all times with a carabiner to the belt-loop on my pants.
The holder that comes with the Fenix is wearing out after a year and a half and the flashlight does not stay securely in the holder anymore and I'm afraid it may fall out. It has while driving in the car.
I emailed Fenix to see if they make a heavier duty holder, but they do not. I've looked around the web and about the only thing I can find is a Tact Squad AA Mini Flashlight Holder.

http://www.tactsquad.com/cms/molded-nylon-gear/gear-accessories/nylon-gear/aa-mini-flashlight-holder

They do not have a picture of the back of the holder to see if I can get a carabiner attached to it to carry the way I do now. When I called the company the person I talked to was unable to tell me what the back looks like and informed me they do not make sales to individuals and I need to find a distributor.
I looked and found a place that sells this hold for on the web for $5.70 and free shipping so I thought I'd give it a try. My money was refunded, out of stock, may be discontinued and can not get the item.
I found it somewhere else on the web for $5.99 but they want $9.99 shipping. That's would not be a problem if I knew it was going to work the way I want it.

Does anyone have this holder and able to get a picture of the back of the holder for me, or point me in the right direction for a holder for my Fenix L1D?
Thanks

#203396 - 06/14/10 12:12 AM Re: Searching for a AA flashlight Holder [Re: elgecko]
elgecko Offline
Stranger

Loc: SE PA
Decided to add a picture.

The Fenix L1D Flashlight is around 3 7/8" long 7/8" wide if anyone has any other ideas.

#203398 - 06/14/10 12:33 AM Re: Searching for a AA flashlight Holder [Re: elgecko]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Northern California
I can't help with a flashlight-specific bag. However, I'll point out that the Fenix LD10 comes with a strong clip that allows the torch to be attached to all kinds of different things. For example, my LD10 is attached to a pocket in my man bag. Even if I didn't have the clip, my man bag has a small pocket that's perfect for the LD10. Frankly, with all the things that I think are necessary to carry, I could not manage too well without a small man bag, or I'd have to make compromises that I'd rather not make.

Maybe contact Fenix and see if the clip will fit your L1D.

#203399 - 06/14/10 02:15 AM Re: Searching for a AA flashlight Holder [Re: elgecko]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
I use a MagLight belt holder (meant to hold a 2AA incandescent MiniMag). Most MiniMags I see these days come with this nylon holster included in the package. This fits my 1-AA light fantastically ( http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19187 ). It was tight at first, but loosened up with time. The light goes in tail-button down, head up. You can often buy an incandescent MiniMag including this holster for about the same price as buying a similar holster separately. Incandescent MiniMags are around $5 these days if you shop around.

The Deal Extreme light above is fantastic BTW. I've used it constantly (daily) for over a year. Very sturdy and very bright. No flicker either. As long as you keep the threads clean - I'm in the habit of cleaning these every battery change, so I've not had any flicker issues that many others report for many different brands of pocket lights. I use NiMH batteries in it.

#203402 - 06/14/10 06:32 AM Re: Searching for a AA flashlight Holder [Re: haertig]
Kris Offline
Addict

Loc: A Canadian Back in Canada
If you can't find anything that fits or to your liking, I have an unused fenix L1T holder at home. Your welcome to have it (shipping from the UK).

#203406 - 06/14/10 10:23 AM Re: Searching for a AA flashlight Holder [Re: elgecko]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

This might fit your requirement and is only $1.49 delivered all the way from China.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29354

#203408 - 06/14/10 11:12 AM Re: Searching for a AA flashlight Holder [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
ducktapeguy Offline
Enthusiast

I have (or had) the same flashlight, with the same holster, same problem, and coincidentally, with the exact same carabiner to hold it. You sure that's not my keychain?

The best thing I can recommend is ditch the holster and put a small keyring directly on the flashlight. The holster just adds more bulk and doesn't really serve much purpose. I was using the lanyard to connect it to the carabiner at first, but I eventually got rid of the lanyard too because it was always getting tangled up. Now I like it much better, less bulk and more secure

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Jeanette_Isabelle), 266 Guests and 108 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Today at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.