Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#201589 - 05/10/10 08:09 PM Recharging Batteries Blast-style
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
I'm tired. I've been tired for weeks if not months. Luckily, my tiredness today is different from my previous tiredness. Today's tiredness comes from spending four days camping with my family and a bunch of friends rather than economic gloom and employment doom.

Blast camp.

Wildflowers!

Making fire.

Success!

New friends.

Teaching.

Time to go. Yes, she wore high heels the entire time.

The Texas Hill Country had record rains over the winter so the resulting wildflowers were AMAZING!

Sidenote: anyone who plans on heading off to the hills when TSHTF hasn't done enough camping. Our camp potty was used by ten females. Trust me, you don't want to know how many times a day I had to clean it out and haul the waste away! sick

-Blast

Edited by Blast (05/10/10 08:12 PM)
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#201594 - 05/10/10 09:00 PM Re: Recharging Batteries Blast-style [Re: ]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Alberta, Canada
As long as they were Vibram high heels ... grin

Seriously, though, there is no better way to "reset and restart" than a grand camping adventure. (Or in my case, walking in wild country until my legs fall off.)

P.S., continuously adding campfire charcoal to the potty really does wonders in eliminating odour and making cleanup a trifle less nasty.

#201596 - 05/10/10 09:26 PM Re: Recharging Batteries Blast-style [Re: dougwalkabout]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
P.S., continuously adding campfire charcoal to the potty really does wonders in eliminating odour and making cleanup a trifle less nasty.

Hey, that's a good idea. We were using clumping kitty litter. That stuff weighs a ton and is easily maxed out in fluid absorption... I'll try the charcoal trick in the fall when we go back.

-Blast
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#201610 - 05/11/10 12:29 AM Re: Recharging Batteries Blast-style [Re: Blast]
Art_in_FL Offline
Pooh-Bah

Looks good. Seems everyone had a good time and learned something.

If you can keep the urine separated from the urine, often easier for men than women, the smells and disposal are much more manageable. A little urine mixed in does little harm but a liquid mix in inevitably anaerobic and quite smelly. Often the scent can only be momentarily overcome by perfume and formaldehyde and the result is sometimes worse than the waste alone.

#201613 - 05/11/10 01:51 AM Re: Recharging Batteries Blast-style [Re: Blast]
falcon5000 Offline
Addict

Nice pictures Blast, it’s always great to get away from all the garbage we hear in the news and see on TV plus current events. You may can start fires with rubbing sticks together and eat plants picked out of the wild but when you can do all this in high heels and wearing a dress and make it look easy then you’ve reached the next level wink But seriously it looks like you guys had a great time and learned something’s as well. Keep on exploring.

#201615 - 05/11/10 02:21 AM Re: Recharging Batteries Blast-style [Re: Blast]
Arney Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: California
Looks like wonderful "quality time" with the family.

As long as you're not allergic to something, those spring wildflowers sure are pretty! smile

#201618 - 05/11/10 02:40 AM Re: Recharging Batteries Blast-style [Re: falcon5000]
MostlyHarmless Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: falcon5000
when you can do all this in high heels and wearing a dress and make it look easy then you’ve reached the next level wink

Oh, horror, the images... Blast in high heels and a dress... wink

There are few better ways to relax than car camping with a fire. Why anyone would want to do that in high heels is beyond me, but given the comfort level available when car camping there certainly isn't any trouble doing so. And she sure looks pretty...

#201623 - 05/11/10 04:03 AM Re: Recharging Batteries Blast-style [Re: Blast]
Richlacal Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
WoW! Guide Gear Galore! That's very reassuring to me as,I've invested quite a bit in Gary Olen's SPG,& have only used 1/3 of it so far.How ever it's done,Camping is ALWAYS Cool!Look's like alot of Fun,Thanx for posting the Pics!

#201628 - 05/11/10 10:35 AM Re: Recharging Batteries Blast-style [Re: Blast]
Leigh_Ratcliffe Offline
Veteran

Loc: United Kingdom.
Be Nice.
The Lady has Standards & Style.

grin smile smile

#201630 - 05/11/10 11:53 AM Re: Recharging Batteries Blast-style [Re: Richlacal]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Richlacal
WoW! Guide Gear Galore! That's very reassuring to me as,I've invested quite a bit in Gary Olen's SPG,& have only used 1/3 of it so far.How ever it's done,Camping is ALWAYS Cool!Look's like alot of Fun,Thanx for posting the Pics!

I'm guessing 75% of my gear came from the Sportsman's Guide, maybe more. blush
-Blast

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 456 Guests and 71 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.