Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#147067 - 09/02/08 01:08 PM Back in the Saddle, again...
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
Well, I am about to start the first day of a new job assignment here in Denver. Sure is nice to be back. I will see how this goes, if it doesn't fit, I got dealt another ace over the weekend so I could head back to Washington State. It's nice having options.

Soon as I get settled, one way or another, I'll be breaking out the cast iron and digging me a decent fire pit, or at least having one built that I can cook on. Then I can focus on building my little fortress outside of town, and hopefully I'll be done with travelling around any more, at least having to move again anytime in the foreseeable future. It sure helps with the plan making to be able to stay put and purchase instead of rent.

I gotta go back in a couple weeks to wrap things up in Orlando. I figure I should be there just long enough to get caught in Josephine if she gets built up. I guess we'll see.

#147133 - 09/02/08 09:05 PM Re: Back in the Saddle, again... [Re: ]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Now none of that Duh. My girls know better, except for regular checkups which I condone.

As for them there letters, well, by the time they mosey up this-a-ways, they're little more'n encores from local tribe's rain dancing.

Goll darn, this here sunshine is a might brighter than that down at the beach, you reckon?

#147154 - 09/03/08 12:15 AM Re: Back in the Saddle, again... [Re: benjammin]
epirider Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Wyoming, USA
Benjammin, welcome to the the area. I am about 80 miles north of you. I think you will like it around here. You will find that you are not alone in our mind set. In fact a "survival store" just opened in Wheatridge least I think thats where step-dad said it was... Any way, good luc in your ventures.

#147369 - 09/04/08 01:57 PM Re: Back in the Saddle, again... [Re: epirider]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Thanks,

Actually I am returning back here after travelling the world. This time I asked to be assigned here, but it is still tentative. I haven't signed the agreement yet, and there's another option out there that could prove up.

Either way, I am going to be a lot happier being somewhere other than Florida. It is a nice place for someone like me to visit for a couple months, maybe, but living there was not satisfying, especially for the time I was without the wife and kid. I did get to do some fun stuff there, but it was more a consolation than a reward.

Anyways, hopefully I will get to go hunting this year. We shall see.

#147373 - 09/04/08 02:20 PM Re: Back in the Saddle, again... [Re: benjammin]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Now you will have to put up with the Dreaded White Stuff in the winter, but that has gotta be better than hurricanes...

#147497 - 09/05/08 02:27 PM Re: Back in the Saddle, again... [Re: OldBaldGuy]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

The white stuff is to me what the Briar patch was for Brer Rabbit.

Now it's just a matter of getting it done and getting settled in. Looks like I am renting for another year here, but at least I can start looking for a place to build on etc.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 449 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.