Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#46200 - 08/09/05 01:42 PM A rant and a thank you
garrett Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: North Carolina
Ladies and gentlemen,

I haven’t posted here in a while, but I read each and everyday. I have been here for about 3 or 4 years, I can't remember. I have always appreciated the information and people on this forum for their professionalism and courtesy. This is where the rant starts. When I got started into preparedness and knives and such, I read just about every forum I count get my computer to log into. Over the past few years have seen a decline in the quality of information and personalities involved with each. Knifeforums.com is still pretty good, but since I don't like most of the knife brands there I don’t really go there much, except to read the survival and camping forums which I still pretty good. I used to go to candlepower forums, but frankly, those guys are way to smart for me. I tried a few of what they have done over there, and the results were disastrous or cost me lots of money!!! I still check out spyderco.com forums, but they have not had much of interest lately, although the members there do post some great pics. But what has really raised my dander is bladeforums. That place is insane IMHO. I have seen over the past few years a total disregard for maturity and common sense. It has become a hang out for childlike people more interested in flaming someone who doesn’t not like a particular brand of knife or subscribe to a certain way of thinking, I saw them absolutely tear people up there, and I just get sick to death of people who don’t anything better to do than make fun of people over the web. I was stunned until I took a look at some of their profiles and saw that some were younger, like late teens, but then I was shocked to see some of them were older than me, and I am 32. I become so spoiled with this forum, that I kind of expected other to be there same, but alas, mankind and their keyboards have let me down again. I guess that I should stop being shocked and appalled at what people will say and do on the web. Someday I will just stop caring, but it still make me mad when I see people act in an immature fashion about something that in the big scheme of things, is really not that big a deal. So I guess that’s the end of my rant.

Now for this forum, I want to say thanks. I am heading over to Iraq in a few weeks to do my part. After three years of volunteering to go, I am finally getting to go. This board has given me quite a few things to put in my kit bag to take with me, and I appreciate it all. I am sure that once I get back and get some time to dedicate to this board again, that I will come back to the same professional and courteous group of men and women I am accustomed to seeing. Thank you all so much for all that you do on this forum and in your own lives and I will talk to you all as I get the chance.

Garrett

#46201 - 08/09/05 02:24 PM Re: A rant and a thank you
GoatRider Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Maple Grove, MN
First of all, thank you for serving our country.

What you are seeing is the benefits of good moderation. When Chris shoots down threads that start to get political or stray into TEOTWAWKI, that's what he's trying to prevent. If you want to keep this benefit, be sure to donate to get Chris a new computer, if you haven't already. Read the sticky topic at the top.

#46202 - 08/09/05 02:27 PM Re: A rant and a thank you
frenchy Offline
Veteran

Loc: France
Thanks for your own posts.
Thanks for the help you provided.

And .... take care !

#46203 - 08/09/05 02:33 PM Re: A rant and a thank you
X-ray Dave Offline
Addict

Loc: Nevada
Good post ! Good luck and come home safe.

Dave

#46204 - 08/09/05 03:26 PM Re: A rant and a thank you
wolf Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
Best of luck to you, stay safe, and thank you.

Bona Na Croin

#46205 - 08/09/05 04:10 PM Re: A rant and a thank you
brian Offline
Veteran

Loc: Texas
Good luck, be safe.

#46206 - 08/09/05 08:08 PM Re: A rant and a thank you
ChristinaRodriguez Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Rhode Island
I agree that is a shame how the guise of a computer often gives people the freedom to lash out in an abnormal, immature fashion. I've visited other forums, mostly populated by people closer to my age or mostly chicks, and nothing beats this place.

I hope that you stay safe in Iraq and come home quickly.

#46207 - 08/09/05 09:02 PM Re: A rant and a thank you
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks, Garrett. Good luck, may the spirits guide you home safe.

#46208 - 08/09/05 11:22 PM Re: A rant and a thank you
cliff Offline
Sultan of Spiffy
Enthusiast

Loc: Louisiana
Semper Fi, Mac.

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

.....CLIFF

#46209 - 08/10/05 04:55 AM Re: A rant and a thank you
cedfire Offline
Addict

Loc: Orygun
The thanks really go to you and the other great men and women of our armed forces.

Be safe over there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 243 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.