I do a lot of shopping at a Goodwill store that is not far from my house in Milwaukee, WI. Most of the items I buy are computer related for personal use or resale. I currently have (12) PC compatible computers that work and a lot of parts that I will be selling locally for Christmas.

While talking to one of the other regulars at the Goodwill store, I happened to mention that I was looking at some rucksacks for personal use. He told me he had picked up a Military surplus nylon backpack with waterproof flap, aluminum frame, and a web belt support suspender. He asked how much I would be willing to spend. I told him I would have to see it to see if it would fit my needs and he brought it with him the next day when we met at the Goodwill store. When I saw what he had, I thanked my lucky stars I have been a long time poker player as I critically looked it over with a blank expression. I asked him how much he wanted for the entire setup, as I set it down looking unconcerned. He wanted at least $20.00 dollars for everything, and I told him I was only willing to spend under $15.00 for used stuff and started extolling the virtues of an internal frame rucksack (which had nowhere near the capacity or abilities of his pack.). He said he would take $15.00 as I handed him back the pack, and I said I would give $10.00 and so we settled at $12.00 for everything.

This is a US military nylon medium assualt pack with waterproof main flap, an internal pocket in the main pocket for a hydration unit, padded adjustable shoulder straps, sternum strap, hip strap, frame, (3) external pockets with wateproof flaps, and the suspenders with padded shoulder straps were in the main pocket.

The regular I bought this from usually buys computers and collectibles to sell on Ebay and is not normally the type of person that has this sort of thing. The lesson is, no matter how unlikely the source, ask them for what you want as they may be able to help you get it. For information on how much all this would have cost from a surplus dealer, check the web and add it up. I came up with over $200.00 in value.

By the by, I am not selling the computers except to people in my area. Sorry.

Bountyhunter