this may be an old topic, but here goes anyway... after reading "Listening to Katrina" I decided a light utility trailer might be a good addition... had I a "do over" would have gotten a heavier duty trailer with wood flooring, but instead picked up a Tractor Supply expanded metal floor lightweight...what I wanted originally, was to have a means to increase my evacuation carrying capacity (I had a two door Explorer at the time, and was severely limited in cubic space... the trailer was a good addition to bring with me those things that might not survive if my old frame home was subject to a hot Cat 5 hurricane...not all of which could be replaced by insurance

as hurricane Irma approached, and the forecast path moved across the state to me, I made plans to move to a relative's post hurricane Andrew building code home, which was only about 20mi...when Irma finally hit landfall, and was projected to stay inland, I decided to ride it out, and it came over me at a little over 85mph with some 95+ gusts

after that event, I started thinking about where I would live during the clean up, oversee a bit of location security, and re-building of my house... the trailer had a long loading ramp to allow lawn equipment, and it made a good height to support a ridge pole... I used a 2x2 ridge pole, and ran it from the raised position to a pair of X crossed 2x2 supports at the front to raise the height, this made a good entrance to the shelter... a blue plastic tarp was bungee connected to the side rails, and a mosquito netting bar was fit over the pole...a chaise lounge lawn chair provided a sleeping platform... fortunately I have not needed to try it out, but still have the materials stored just in case... regards

http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/blogs/klessons/p/map.html