I continue to tweak my 30 day home food and water cache, and I always keep a supply of canned meat in this cache. While some of the canned meats I tried were only a step above dog food, I figured that if Spam was good enough for our fighting men in WWII, it's certainly good enough for my cache. I was at the store last week replacing the tuna we had consumed, and I spotted a variety of Spam that I had not noticed before. It was Spam Oven Roasted Turkey. I bought a couple of cans and took them home to try. I sliced off some right out of the can, and it was pretty good. It had the taste and texture of chopped turkey coldcuts, a little salty but not bad. I chopped 2 ounces of it into 1/4" cubes and pan fried. I had to add a little canola oil because no fat was rendering out of the meat. Once the cubes were browned, I added two beaten fresh eggs and scrambled them together as I would do with dryed eggs. The result was very good; a dry texture with no significant salt taste. A decent breakfast for about 300 calories. Two ounces of this meat has 80 calories, 9 grams of protein, 6 grams of fat, and 520 mg of sodium. This is far superior to ham-based Spam and similar canned meats. It comes in a stackable aluminum rectangular can with a ring pull top, and no side or bottom seam. It has a 3 year shelf life. I am going to rotate out most of the ham-based meat from my cache and replace with the turkey.