Clothing materials are given great care and consideration. I thought Id pass on a few tips on color,and hope to learn any additional information. Backpacking gear is deliberately bright for high visibility,but did you know that modern laundry soap brightening increases your visibility? If a S&R unit is using various night vision gear your laundered clothing almost glows in the dark! Many milspec and commercial camoflage sets are initially treated to negate this. So along with their subdued patterns you are doubly hidden. If you forsee hunting game,the large 'buffalo plaids' are just as effective against colorblind deer! That red/black mackinaw may be just the item for stalking that buck,and helping the rescue team find you after excitedly tripping over his rack ! Mosquitos are a serious threat to man and animal. The most attractive color to their senses is blue. Likewise bees may become aggressive to large dark objects.This may be an adaptive response to large,comb raiding predators. Notice what color a beekeeper wears?I know from personal observation that dark horses are sometimes stung,yet greys and paints have a very low bite incidence.My clothing,like my gear is a work in progress;some excellent,some sadly deficient. Comments?<br><br>