The travel calendar is full again, as much as I thought I'd never be unsure of what city I'm waking up in again, here I am, confident that I'm in Miami only because the little slip of paper here at this desk in the room says so.

The lines at the airport security come in two distinct flavors - pro and amateur. The pros arrive 45 minutes (or less) before their flight, show their boarding pass to the security attendant, look pathetic and get rushed through the first class or employee lines.

The amateurs are befuddled that they, like the 4,000 people they just watched going through the X-Ray & Magnetometers ahead of them for the last 90 minutes, have to take off their shoes & coats, put their bags flat on the conveyor and remove all metal objects from their pockets before entering.

I think that the biggest risk we face at the airports will be a TSA agent going stark raving mad when the 4,000th person that hour looks dumbfounded that they too have to do what everyone else in front of them was doing.

Here's some of the latest air travel tips:

- Amazingly, the seats are getting closer together. I few down here on Continental, and literally could hardly read a book due to the seat in front of me being less than the distance from my elbow to the tips of my fingers from my face.

- You'd be surprised at what you can "forget" in your bag without a problem. Suffice it to say that products from Switzerland don't get as much attention as they used to. 'nuf said on that.

- In case you DO have a problem with your "forgotten" item, just make sure you keep a pre-stamped US Postal Service Priority Mail Tyvek envelop ($4.05 stamp) in your bag so you can return stuff to yourself.

- There's no rule against carrying an EMPTY water bottle on your person. You can fill it for free past the security check.

- You're allowed to turn on your cell phone once the plane has landed, and before you get to the gate. This can save a LOT of time if you have a pickup waiting.

That's all for now. Early meetings tomorrow, gotta get to bed.

38,000 Feet Over the Atlantic Ocean

Attachments
3-38Kfeet.jpg