I wish they were as good as the dry needle ones but they are not.The old Marbles pocket compass is about as big around as a U.S. twenty five cent piece and .25 inches thick.They are made of solid brass with a heavy cristal face and agate jeweled pivot.It is said that they have been carried by Admiral's Byrd and Perry and even Teddy Rosevelte up San Jaun Hill.The newer ones are by no means near as good quality as their old ones.They still have the brass casing but not as nicely machined.It appears to house a plastic compass vial with a plain metal pivot.And the worst of all is about 25% of the ones I saw had large air bubbles in them making them unusable.These run for around $14.00.For that price I would expect better.If you can find the old dry needle ones,GET THEM.If you find the new modle ones I would pass on them.This is just my opinion and observation.I would hope that a company like Marbles will correct this problem.I would still get any of their fine knifes though.I hope this helps...
BOATMAN
JOHN