The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#294893 - 02/22/20 10:12 PM Ontario Old Hickory Hunting Knife
KenK Offline
"Be Prepared"
Pooh-Bah

Loc: NE Wisconsin
I just found out about this newly on the market knife, and wanted to pass this information along, even though I don't yet have one. Apparently the first run of them sold out quickly, but you can preorder it.

https://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_store.html?usrsearch=Old+hickory+hunt

Many years ago (30+) while in college I had purchased an Old Hickory carbon blade knife as a cheap beater knife (actually for digging out roots during a botany class), and found that knife to be one of the sharpest and easiest to sharpen knives I've ever had. Unfortunately, I never had a sheath for it, so it never really left my kitchen. The same summer I got another cheap knife that did come with a plastic sheath that much later (+20? years) I realized was a Mora knife.

Yesterday, I was online looking to see if that knife was still available. I couldn't find it's specific blade size/shape, BUT I stumbled upon this new hunting knife which DOES come with a leather sheath, for only $20. I just preordered one, and look forward to playing with it.

#294894 - 02/23/20 03:13 PM Re: Ontario Old Hickory Hunting Knife [Re: KenK]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
I too have an Old Hickory knife in my kitchen assortment (along with a Mora or two). Perfectly good cutting instruments with a pointy end and a sharp cutting edge. They do perfectly well what knives are supposed to do. Who could ask for anything more?

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.