Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#246789 - 06/09/12 12:30 AM Upgraded My Survival Kits Container Just Abit
Frisket Offline
Addict

While I LOVED the container I had my kit in I was very worried about the lid. It just kinda slipped on no real belief for me in its waterproofness. SO! I bought a slightly taller one with a snaptop lid and O ring lip and Now Im able to include somthing i been wanting to include greatly, 4 AAA Lithium Batteries still in their cardboard/plastic blisterpack.

I also seem to have enough room ontop for say a Handkerchief But Right now it has a handfulla Hairnets for making fishing nets and bug nets and the such.

Any ideas for the extra space ontop?

I am also thinking about including a Analog/Digital Wrist watch. I believe the combination of analog/digital gives the watch more greater options such as using the Analog face to Tell direction using the sun/objects and using the Digital ability for stopwatch/date/alarmclock gives better awareness to time to do things/Timing certain things more on the spot.

Edited by Frisket (06/09/12 12:33 AM)

#246795 - 06/09/12 10:05 AM Re: Upgraded My Survival Kits Container Just Abit [Re: Frisket]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
If you're truly "surviving," I think a watch is wasted space. It's not like you have a date that's waiting to get picked up.

Besides, one should already be on your wrist. And if you need direction finding abilities, put a compass in instead of a watch.

Instead of a handkerchief, how about a brightly colored bandana? still works for your runny nose, but can be used as a signal flag or trail marker as well.

Edited by MDinana (06/09/12 10:06 AM)

#246797 - 06/09/12 11:30 AM Re: Upgraded My Survival Kits Container Just Abit [Re: Frisket]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Is this the kit we are talking about? http://forums.equipped.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showgallery&Number=215692&page=1

Your list is already impressive.

I'm with MDinana about the watch. You've got a button compass so maybe an upgrade to a full sized compass. You know how to use one and you've got good situational awareness so a full sized one with some additional features would give you an advantage.

I think you've already got a bandana but a second one is a good idea. A bandana is multi-purpose but that totally depends on how you use it. It can't be a pressure bandage and a broad bandage at the same time, for instance.

Here's a few more ideas you might want to consider: Power snack? Bug juice or sunscreen? Emerg poncho? Headlamp? More duct tape or cordage?

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#246799 - 06/09/12 03:37 PM Re: Upgraded My Survival Kits Container Just Abit [Re: Frisket]
boatman Offline
Addict

Loc: Michigan
Do not let it get to big as you might want to leave it behind.+1 to what Frisket said,dedicated items instead of improvised ones....

BOATMAN
John

#246812 - 06/09/12 10:24 PM Re: Upgraded My Survival Kits Container Just Abit [Re: Frisket]
clearwater Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Channeled Scablands
A timepiece will be important if your terrain and situation
dictates route finding using dead reckoning.

#246826 - 06/10/12 03:12 AM Re: Upgraded My Survival Kits Container Just Abit [Re: MDinana]
Snake_Doctor
Unregistered

Diana is right. I would suggest a survival bandanna. And I'd ditch the hairnets. Can't see them catching anything larger than minnows. How about adding food? Like bars and tablets? Good move on the upgrade.

#246835 - 06/10/12 01:05 PM Re: Upgraded My Survival Kits Container Just Abit [Re: Frisket]
GoatRider Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Maple Grove, MN
I keep a watch in my pack because I don't normally wear one. I usually depend on my smart phone, but in an emergency situation that might not work.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.