The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#169001 - 03/09/09 10:45 PM New pouch/organizer
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Some people think I'm utterly disorganized, some people think I have too much. I don't know, but I know I'm always looking at organizers. As some of you might have noticed, I've really come to like the harder Case Logic models. My latest "oh, that's nice" is for the Sony Playstation Portable.

It has a "long" side with a single elastic band from side to side, while the other side has a stretchy mesh pocket. It is sized to hold most of the combined parts of a PSP and an SOL, plus a lighter, some more wire, an oven bag and some chlorine dioxide tabs. If you don't have anything on the long side, you can put a GI match case in the pocket side of things and it is a perfect fit. And two of them will fit perfectly in a pouch for a Nalgene bottle, or one and something skinny in a USGI triple M16 mag pouch. The black ones are the most common, but I've seen blue and red online, with the price point of around $15, which keeps it in line with the similar cases for the DS and for smaller hard drives.

Size: 7.5" x 4" x 1.75"
Internal Dimensions: 6.7" x 3" x 1"
Weight: 3 oz
Warranty: 25 Years

Check out that warrenty, folks. Quarter century or your money back- uhm... yeah. I can't think of too many companies that stand by anything that long. They do that on all their "EVA" cases- I'm thinking about picking up one of the ones that was made for 72 CDs, and cutting out most of the pockets for a FAK carrier.

My camera's batteries are flatter than Kansas, or I'd have some pictures for you. Maybe tommorrow.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#169039 - 03/10/09 12:35 PM Re: New pouch/organizer [Re: ironraven]
airballrad Offline
Gear Junkie
Enthusiast

Loc: Gulf Coast Florida, USA
My PSK

grin

ETA: I really need to update the pictures on this. I've since added a Leatherman Squirt P4 to replace the Swiss-Tool, a quart freezer bag to hold water being purified by the Micropur tabs, and a 2GB USB flash drive with family photos and encrypted vital docs. I've also put the whole thing in a small drybag in case it gets dunked (although pretty much everything would survive water exposure as long as it's not salt water).

Edited by airballrad (03/10/09 12:39 PM)

#169051 - 03/10/09 04:31 PM Re: New pouch/organizer [Re: airballrad]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
The one thing that I wonder about is the snatch-and-grab attractiveness of it if left in a car. There are a lot of people that might think it's full of the intended equipment.

Or am I just too suspicious?

Sue

#169055 - 03/10/09 05:11 PM Re: New pouch/organizer [Re: Susan]
philip Offline
Addict

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
> the snatch-and-grab attractiveness of it

I think that's a valid concern whether it's in the car or in your had, given that it appears to be an item of interest to thieves and teens. (:->)

I have a friend who uses a padded diaper bag for just this reason. It stores all his stuff, is padded and water proof, and nobody ever steals soiled diapers (which it appears to contain).

#169066 - 03/10/09 06:52 PM Re: New pouch/organizer [Re: philip]
Henry_Porter Offline

Originally Posted By: philip
>

I have a friend who uses a padded diaper bag for just this reason. It stores all his stuff, is padded and water proof, and nobody ever steals soiled diapers (which it appears to contain).

Love this ploy! Reminds me of an old Steve Martin bit about averting robbers on the street by throwing up on his money. (Quite the opposite of money-laundering. Maybe a kind of scatological steganography?)

#169076 - 03/10/09 10:19 PM Re: New pouch/organizer [Re: Henry_Porter]
drahthaar Offline

"Or am I just too suspicious?"

No. That was the first thing I thought, too. You could take the labels off, but that shape is pretty distinctive . . .

#169077 - 03/10/09 10:21 PM Re: New pouch/organizer [Re: airballrad]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Ballrad, I seem to recall I might know who first showed those to you. grin whistle

And Izzy, you are right, a lot of us (and more and more of us) are using Case Logic for our gizmos. I just posted this one because I don't know if many ETSers are going to spend their time looking at hand held video game accessories- I was ducking around a lady with a bunch of screaming kids in FYE when I found it. Otherwise, they would have come and gone and I'd have never known.

Oh, and one thing I didn't mention- for those of us who EDC a Maxped Jumbo, this thing fits in the bottom like a glove. *grins*

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 253 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.