Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#164431 - 01/22/09 05:47 PM No hunting gear at local Walmarts
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Normally the local Walmarts load up on tons of hunting gear in late summer/early fall. This year none of the Walmarts in my area put out anything for hunting season. No blaze orange gear, no chemical handwarmers, no gun accessories, not even any wool socks! Any thoughts on why this might be? How about Walmarts near you?

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#164433 - 01/22/09 05:49 PM Re: No hunting gear at local Walmarts [Re: Blast]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
Man, there's piles of that stuff at the Walmarts here in Denver.

#164444 - 01/22/09 06:35 PM Re: No hunting gear at local Walmarts [Re: NightHiker]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Walmart is like any other store where the local store has some control over what they order. The corp has a huge inventory and the local store managers or department heads can order things they want from it. This way items that don't sell in a certain market are not stocked in the stores. What happens is since thats controlled by humans they sometimes might not order enough or decide that some products don't sell well enough during certain seasons so they might sell a different group of product. So no two stores are exactly alike since there is some control the people in charge have over inventory.

#164458 - 01/22/09 07:06 PM Re: No hunting gear at local Walmarts [Re: Eugene]
7point82 Offline
Addict

Loc: Orange Beach, AL
Have they just pulled it all out recently in order to make room for baseball, etc?

I haven't noticed any major change in the hunting goods selection north of the Red River in OK. If there's something in particular you're looking for let me know and I'll check the local wally worlds.

#164464 - 01/22/09 07:14 PM Re: No hunting gear at local Walmarts [Re: Blast]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Loc: DFW, Texas
Try a Wal-Mart a little farther out of Houston metro area. Smaller towns usually have more hunting gear.

RIP OBG

#164476 - 01/22/09 07:43 PM Re: No hunting gear at local Walmarts [Re: Desperado]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
Try a Wal-Mart a little farther out of Houston metro area. Smaller towns usually have more hunting gear.

I work in a small town out from Houston and their Walmart is the same. They still carry guns but no other hunting gear.

It's good to know other Walmarts are did carry hunting stuff. I was beginning to wonder if there was something going on. It probably is just an overstock issue. The past few years they ended the season with a ton of extra stuff that they had to put on clearance. *sigh* I really liked picking up cheap wool socks!

-Blast

*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#164507 - 01/22/09 08:55 PM Re: No hunting gear at local Walmarts [Re: Blast]
7point82 Offline
Addict

Loc: Orange Beach, AL
Originally Posted By: Blast
Quote:

I work in a small town out from Houston and their Walmart is the same. They still carry guns but no other hunting gear.

It's good to know other Walmarts are did carry hunting stuff. I was beginning to wonder if there was something going on. It probably is just an overstock issue. The past few years they ended the season with a ton of extra stuff that they had to put on clearance. *sigh* I really liked picking up cheap wool socks!

-Blast

A "ton" of clearance stuff huh? That's probably the answer to your original question. If they can't move it at regular price then they sure aren't going to allocate any shelf space for it.

As for socks, I got addicted to SmartWool socks years ago & can't/won't go back even if the price is a smidge high.

#164517 - 01/22/09 09:43 PM Re: No hunting gear at local Walmarts [Re: Blast]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Loc: Finger Lakes of NY State
Originally Posted By: Blast
They still carry guns but no other hunting gear.

-Blast

Heck our area ChinaMarts don't even sell guns. period That's a reason I refuse to shop there anymore.

#164533 - 01/22/09 11:26 PM Re: No hunting gear at local Walmarts [Re: Blast]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Blast, it was all up here for a while. Sorry, I think I bought those wool socks you were looking for. *grins and waves my toasty warm feet at you*

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#164555 - 01/23/09 12:58 AM Re: No hunting gear at local Walmarts [Re: ironraven]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

*whimper* My socks... frown

-Blast

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 461 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.