Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#161021 - 01/03/09 10:06 AM how does one get a refund?
username_5 Offline
Journeyman

I recently paid over $100 for a Ritter RSK1 and it has a huge amount of blade play from side to side. I want a refund with return of the crappy item.

I have tried every link on this site I can find none that seem to work. How do I get a refund for an inferior product?

Edited by username_5 (01/03/09 10:07 AM)

#161023 - 01/03/09 10:21 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Tjin Offline
Pooh-Bah

last time i checked ETS isn't a retailer or a manufacture. So contact your retailer or the manufacture (benchmade).

#161025 - 01/03/09 10:33 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Tjin]
username_5 Offline
Journeyman

Umm, ETS is a retailer, where do you think the Doug Ritter design came from?

I have already posted my issue here: http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/23/tid/840760/pid/1724989/post/last/#LAST

I am not done yet. Until this piece of crap knife is fully refunded with no expense to me to ship the crap back I will just keep posting to knife enthusiast forums about how bad this knife is. Less than 12 hours until I post to the next site.

Not trying to be an ass, but Mr. Ritter can't be contacted from any link on this site. I have a serious problem when someone tells me how great their product is and gives me 100 reasons to buy it, but I can't contact them for a refund when the product turns out to be a piece of crap.

Lessened learned.

Until I have my money back Mr. Ritter and his sloppy design get my outspoken disapproval. Had Mr. Ritter provided a means to contact him about customer dissatisfaction this would not be necessary. Heck, had the advertising for his knife (I read every word) mentioned anything about this sloppy blade play I would not have bought it.

Edited by username_5 (01/03/09 10:38 AM)

#161026 - 01/03/09 10:38 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Rodion Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Israel
My God. You're one of those customers. And I still can't tell you what I really think about your crusade without getting fired.

Somebody pinch me, I'm having a nightmare.

www.kravmagafederation.com

#161028 - 01/03/09 10:47 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Tjin Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: username_5
Umm, ETS is a retailer, where do you think the Doug Ritter design came from?

I have already posted my issue here: http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/23/tid/840760/pid/1724989/post/last/#LAST

I am not done yet. Until this piece of crap knife is fully refunded with no expense to me to ship the crap back I will just keep posting to knife enthusiast forums about how bad this knife is. Less than 12 hours until I post to the next site.

Not trying to be an ass, but Mr. Ritter can't be contacted from any link on this site. I have a serious problem when someone tells me how great their product is and gives me 100 reasons to buy it, but I can't contact them for a refund when the product turns out to be a piece of crap.

Lessened learned.

Until I have my money back Mr. Ritter and his sloppy design get my outspoken disapproval. Had Mr. Ritter provided a means to contact him about customer dissatisfaction this would not be necessary. Heck, had the advertising for his knife (I read every word) mentioned anything about this sloppy blade play I would not have bought it.

i also know of a carbrand that support Amnesty International. But nobody is **** at Amnesty about the quality issues on the cars of that particuliar brand. Yes Doug did helpt the design and as a return he gets a donation/fee for each knife sold. Which still doesn't make him a retailer. A retailer sells things, this site only contains links to the retailer.

And if you can't contact doug, it's really your problem. I found his email in less than a minute. A forum is a forum not the product support department of a manufacture. Stop ***** here and got to the right place to ****

As for your posting on knife forums. They know knifes, and you will just look like a fool for those who are serious about knifes.

Edited by PC2K (01/03/09 10:48 AM)

#161030 - 01/03/09 11:03 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Tjin]
username_5 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: PC2K

i also know of a carbrand that support Amnesty International. But nobody is **** at Amnesty about the quality issues on the cars of that particuliar brand. Yes Doug did helpt the design and as a return he gets a donation/fee for each knife sold. Which still doesn't make him a retailer. A retailer sells things, this site only contains links to the retailer.

Are you kidding me, Doug doesn't say he 'helped' design the thing he claims complete credit for slight mods to the thing. Anyone reading the ad blurb can see that.

It isn't a Benchmade knife that Doug advertises it is a Ritter RSK 1.

Quote:
And if you can't contact doug, it's really your problem. I found his email in less than a minute. A forum is a forum not the product support department of a manufacture. Stop ***** here and got to the right place to ****

You are so right, if after trying all contacts on the website for an hour get bounced back to me it is my fault....yikes, how much Kool-Aid have you drunk?

Quote:
As for your posting on knife forums. They know knifes, and you will just look like a fool for those who are serious about knifes.

I kind of doubt it. The Ritter RSK1 is a wobbly piece of shite. Anyone with this knife knows this, but given the moderation on this forum is unlikely to speak up. Those with the knife who wish to live with this critical defect silently are welcome to do so.

Funny I spent 2 minutes at the Benchmade site and found the channel to go through for a refund but hours on this site and I cannot find one that actually works. You seem to be in the know, so what address do I contact for a refund?

My guess is you do not know, just like the other sheepole. Here is my prediction: Benchmade will tire of all the refunds and will simply cut the non responsive Doug off from further production. Doug will then team up with some other outfit and claim it was a 'quality' improvement while Doug still insulates himself from being contacted about the crap he sells.

Think of me what you wish, the knife still wabbles madly. Want me to post a video on youtube showing the complete crap this knife is?

#161031 - 01/03/09 11:10 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Tjin]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
After reading all of the above listed posts, I decided that ignoring this post was best.

Oh well, all for those thoughts!

Username_5,,,,whether you mean to or not,,,it looks to me like a clear cut case of a form of extortion, making derogetory statements on various knife forums, on a timed basis, about a certain knife until someone contacts you and meets ALL of your demands. Then again, the DOJ & DHS might consider your postings to be a type of Industrial Terrorism...

I hope, for your sake that you are an attorney, or a have a VERY good friend, who is an attorney!!

I recommend that you rethink your approach to your problem!

#161032 - 01/03/09 11:29 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
IMFREE Offline
Stranger

Loc: Queensland, Australia
ducks quack

quack.......quack

dogs bark

woof woof

read this.

dnufer.....refund backward

Sorry, but I couldn't take this serious.

#161033 - 01/03/09 11:34 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: wildman800]
username_5 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: wildman800
After reading all of the above listed posts, I decided that ignoring this post was best.

Clearly that is not the case because you went on to say...

Quote:
Username_5,,,,whether you mean to or not,,,it looks to me like a clear cut case of a form of extortion, making derogetory statements on various knife forums, on a timed basis, about a certain knife until someone contacts you and meets ALL of your demands.

Ummmmm... no. I bought a Ritter RSK1 which has extreme lateral play. Since I bought it from ETS I thought to contact ETS, but apparently ETS has no working web addy except for placing new orders. I tried all I could find and none went through. In the end I contacted Benchmade about this crappy product with more play in the blade than the worst of Chinese knock offs. Still can't find a contact for RTA (return authorization) on the Ritter site. If you know of one, please post it. Don't have anything at the ready? Didn't think so.

Quote:
Then again, the DOJ & DHS might consider your postings to be a type of Industrial Terrorism...

Please, even threats like this do not intimidate me in the least. Nice try though, NAZI.

Quote:
I hope, for your sake that you are an attorney, or a have a VERY good friend, who is an attorney!!

Again, nice try, NAZI. Kind of scary how fast free men willingly fall and take up the cause of the NAZIS without any pay or reward. Your parents would be proud. Not.

Quote:

I recommend you rethink your approach to life, particularly the part about your being a pussified pussbag of worthlessness.

#161035 - 01/03/09 11:35 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: wildman800]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Loc: Finger Lakes of NY State
Originally Posted By: wildman800

Wildman, Good advise.

Step 1 I would contact the retailer. Then I would contact Benchmade

But before step 1 if I were him, I'd change my diaper as it seems to be full, and dry my eyes from all of the crying..

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 295 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.