The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#127316 - 03/14/08 05:39 PM 300 volunteers needed for Houston evacuation drill
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
This seems like a good place to scope out what to expect if things go bad, not to mention a chance to meet people in charge of Houston evacuee situations. Unfortunately, I doubt I can make this one.

-Blast

300 volunteers are need to assist with our local evacuation exercise on Tuesday April 29, 2008 from 5:30pm until 8:30pm. It will be held at the George R. Brown Convention Center Hall A. Free lighted parking will be available in a designated area TBD. Dress casual and please wear comfortable shoes for walking. Bring drinking water and a snack if needed. There will be just in time training for this project.

10 Volunteers are needed to help as “Sky Caps” in the bus reception area. Requires ability to lift and carry evacuee baggage and should be in good health.

15 Volunteers are needed to help as “Greeter/Screeners”. Requires personable individuals with the ability to communicate and interact with a diverse population. Multi-lingual highly desired.

25 Volunteers are needed to help as “Registrar” inside the reception area. Requires personable individuals with the ability to communicate and interact with a diverse population and have typing/computer skills. Multi-lingual highly desired.

250 Volunteers are needed to participate as "evacuees." Families welcome.

If you are interested in volunteering for this exercise please go to www.volunteerhouston.org and under “Menu” click on “Volunteer Opportunities” click on the calendar and go to April 29. Click on the Mock Evacuation Drill volunteer area you are interested in. In order to sign up for this project you will need to register and log in to the system. This system helps us know exactly how many volunteers have signed up.
www.harriscountycitizencorps.com
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#127328 - 03/14/08 06:45 PM Re: 300 volunteers needed for Houston evacuation drill [Re: Blast]
thseng Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NW NJ
Originally Posted By: Blast
Unfortunately, I doubt I can make this one.

You realize, don't you, that they are probably having it because of you? smile

"Never trust and engineer who doesn't carry a pocketknife."

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (wildman800), 223 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
0 seconds ago
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.