Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#115975 - 12/15/07 02:46 AM Does anyone own one of these?
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Loc: MA
Force Multiplier Bag

http://www.countycomm.com/FORCE1.htm

I'm thinking about getting one for everyday EDC for work and such. Kinda like tha PALS webbing.

Any opinions, comments?

Thanks

Blitz

Forgot to mention I'm not affliated with contycomm or maratec.

Edited by Blitz (12/15/07 04:06 AM)

#116013 - 12/15/07 02:29 PM Re: Does anyone own one of these? [Re: Blitz]
Andy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SE PA
Blitz,

I bought one a couple of months ago to replace an aging attache bag from Lands End. You can see pics of it here .

It is very well made and very sturdy. The webbing is on three sides, the 4th side is a zip open pocket that holds file folders and has a couple of smaller pockets and pen loops. Top flap opens with two zippers so you have pretty good access to the contents. This flap is covered with loop fabric for attaching patches or other items. It comes with a stiff, remeoveable divder that fits into the main compartment. Covered on both sides with loop fabric (velcro) you can attach the included pistol holster and spare mag holders to it conveniently. I carry a laptop instead of a .45 ACP so I use the holster to hold other gear.

The ends have pockets on both the inside and outside, but I have found that putting stuff in the outside pocket makes the inside one too tight to use (and vice versa).

The shoulder strap is adjustable and nicely padded. It's also removeable. I opened it up and stuffed about 20 feet of paracord under the padding.

I use grimloks to attach a secondary responder bag, my keys, and a water bottle. They are a pain to put on but will never come off accidentally.

I have a couple of complaints. The bag will sag as you load up the outside with pouches or whatnot. I use some 5' speed clips to add a little stiffness to the bag. It also collects dog hair like crazy. And the tolerances are a little tight which makes stuffing it hard, not a lot of give in the fabric.

Overall a good bag, better now that the price is a little lower. As you can see from the pics I got the black version. Hasn't raised any flags when I carry it into work or client sites.

Hoping it will last the 10 years the last Lands End bag did.

PS. Warning, shopping at CountyComm can be addictive...

#116014 - 12/15/07 02:35 PM Re: Does anyone own one of these? [Re: Blitz]
rescueguru Offline
Wanderer

Loc: Southeastern USA
Blitz, I got mine about six weeks ago and carry it daily. It is used for Computer and EDC. Frankly, its the best "briefcase" i've ever owned. Plenty of room and with the MOLLE loops you have a wide range of options for external carry. I currently have a couple of 511 pouches on mine and plan to add a couple more for small electonics and chargers. I failed to mention that this bag is very well made, maybe not as good as MaxP, but very high quality. YMMV.

#116049 - 12/15/07 07:57 PM Re: Does anyone own one of these? [Re: Andy]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Thanks for the feedback Andy. Nice write up and pics, exactly the info I was looking for.

#116052 - 12/15/07 08:02 PM Re: Does anyone own one of these? [Re: rescueguru]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Thank you Rescueguru. Good info, very much appreciated. Looks like it will fit the bill. I want a black one but they are sold out at this moment, frown I talked with Nick at county comm they are getting more in Jan.

#116143 - 12/16/07 04:47 PM Re: Does anyone own one of these? [Re: Blitz]
StuToffee Offline

Loc: Stockport, Cheshire, UK
I got one from a brother on the USN (Thanks, Panzer!) as the company doesnt ship internationally (their loss!) & I love mine to bits.
I replaced my Maxped Last Resort with this bag & its my main EDC bag/work briefcase.
Ive added a Viper Triple Flashbang pouch to the end holding a SAK, Inova X5 (on lanyard) & a Survival capsule, a small pouch on the other end holds my phone (sometimes).
I dont use the outer slip pockets on the ends but the inner ones (shame they wont take a 1 Litre Nalgene!) hold an umbrella & prybar in one & a 3 C-cell light & big hank of thin nylon rope in the other.
Ive added fauxtons on D-rings sexwn the lips of the inner pockets to aid in finding stuff & Ive also put a rigid base (stolen out of an old sports bag) in the bag.
The base is velcroed to the bottom of the bag & Ive added more velcro to the upper surface to take the divider supplied with the bag.
I attached the supplied velcro loops to the divider & they hold a Leatherman, Monocular, Snaplights, pens etc & the supplied pistol holster "thingy" holds my car stereo faceplate.

The bag easily carries:-

FAK
SAS tin
Lunch
1 litre Nalgene (shock-cord round neck & clipped onto D-ring sewn onto inner pocket)
Light
Umbrella
Spork
Emergency Poncho
Space blanket
Orikaso(sp) plastic folding plate
Leather man
Car stereo faceplate
Rope & crabs
Fixed blade (Kershaw Amphibian "hidden" behind divider)
Book
Work papers
Monocular
Newspaper/Magazine

Plenty of room for other odds n sods.

Great bag. I like the double zipper on the top, too.
Ive modded all the zippers with paracord extensions with glowbeads, skulls with glow eyes etc & put a piece of rubber pipe between the 2 dbl zippers to make a semi-rigid handle.
The velcro patch on top has patches from the USN, Jerzee Devilz & MilspecMonkey.
Also added a Tritium glowring to each end of the bag, one blue, one green with the split ring woven into the MOLLE loops

Edited by StuToffee (12/16/07 04:48 PM)

#116157 - 12/16/07 05:38 PM Re: Does anyone own one of these? [Re: StuToffee]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
Tritium glowrings? What? Where? How much? Cool!

#116800 - 12/20/07 09:11 PM Re: Does anyone own one of these? [Re: MDinana]
StuToffee Offline

Loc: Stockport, Cheshire, UK
I use the Nite Traser glowrings which I know you guys find difficult to get hold of over there. I usually pay about £20 for three.
(Amazing! They let you have guns but you cant own a little keyring with a TINY amount of radio-active "stuff" in it!)
The worlds gone mad.

#116802 - 12/20/07 09:20 PM Re: Does anyone own one of these? [Re: StuToffee]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Thanks Stu. Exactly the feedback I was looking for. As far ad the nalgene bottle storage, I have a molle pouch that is designed for the nalegene. I plan on mounting it to the side when I do get the bag. If your interested it is here.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=37CL70&C=C1315

Thanks,

Blitz

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (M_a_x), 181 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/06/24 06:18 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
China and Taiwan
by brandtb
02/19/24 02:18 PM
No More Ritter Knives?
by KenK
02/19/24 01:33 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.